“Once again we feel honored to receive this recognition from the cruise industry. We always put our client first and our goal is always to deliver the safest and technologically most advanced boarding systems for cruise terminals around the world” said Jordi Floreta, Vice President and Managing Director at TEAM.
In order to select TEAM out of a total of 70 entries, an independent panel of experienced judges has taken into consideration TEAM’s main achievements towards the Cruise Industry over the last 12 months. TEAM’s constant R&D, high quality products, clients oriented services and fully integrated industrial process have been granted with a great number of very challenging projects over this recent period:
- 9 new ambitious projects deployed in Singapore, Hong Kong, Miami, Port Canaveral, Sydney, Cape May and Lewes, Manhattan, Palma de Mallorca, and Kiel.
- 21 new PBBs designed. Each one tailor made to the specific needs and configurations of each terminal and Cruise Line in order to improve efficiency, safety and comfort.
- Development of a completely new PBB design and technology to address the specificities of the new mega ships with overhanging lifeboats. 9 of these new PBBs have already been installed in 2012 and are fully operational and 7 others are currently in manufacturing/delivery phase.
- Design of the first HYDRA PBB which includes a telescopic tunnel connecting to the cabin, for Port Miami. This innovation increases the range and the precision of the adjustment of the cabin and minimizes the need to move the PBB structure along the berth.
- TEAM innovated by designing for Hong Kong Kai Tak Terminal eco-friendly PBBs equipped with external lightening supplied by their own solar panels.
- TEAM is participating along with Cruise Lines and Terminal Operators in the development of the Asian Cruise Industry by supplying 8 new PBBs to Singapore and Hong Kong Cruise hubs.