With a Competitive Index hardly exceeding 100 (meaning just “Acceptable” on the TRAVELSAT Scale), digital hospitality today is not rated higher than the “Staff efficiency in Tourist Info Centers”. However the survey highlights significant differences according to the destinations, markets and travel segments:
- North American and Pacific regions tend to offer a better experience than European destinations.
- Digital services and mobile apps are powerful drivers of competitiveness amongst BRIC markets.
- Tourists coming for special motivations (cultural events, golf, shopping, parks...) tend to be more satisfied with digital hospitality experience during their stay.
- Apps and digital services quality should be improved for short stays in priority.
- Web influencers are happier than average with digital services...providing they have more abilities to find their way in the jungle of apps available!
Technical note: analysis extracted from the TRAVELSAT Competitive Index Survey based on 25 000+ representative international travellers (leisure, MICE and VFR) realized in 2011 and 2012 in 200+ destinations and markets.