British cruisers named Celebrity Eclipse as the top ship in 8 of the 10 categories in the Large Ship class, including the Best Overall Large Ship and Best Value for Money, and Best Ship Sailing from the U.K.. Celebrity Eclipse, which launched in 2010, is the third of five Solstice-class ships in Celebrity Cruises' fleet of 11 vessels. Sister-ship, Celebrity Solstice took Best Service.
Oceania Cruises stole the show in the Mid-Sized ship category, with its newest ship, Riviera taking seven top awards, including Best Overall Mid-Sized Ship and sister ship Marina taking the Best for Fitness award.
Azamara Club Cruises made a splash with U.K. cruisers in the Small Ship class. Azamara Journey won Best Overall Small ship and 6 other top awards, including Best Service, Best Dining and Best Value for Money. Azamara Quest was named Best for Fitness.
The U.K. Cruise Critic Cruisers' Choice Awards are based on reviews submitted by U.K.-based cruisers for cruises taken during 2012. They are awarded in three ship classes, according to passenger capacity – small (1,199 passengers or fewer), mid-sized (1,200 to 1,999) and large (2,000+). The top 10 ships in each class are named in the following categories: Overall, Cabins, Dining, Embarkation, Entertainment, Fitness, Public Rooms, Service, Shore Excursions and Value for Money. Awards are also given to the top-ranked ships in popular cruise regions; Alaska, Bahamas, Caribbean and the Mediterranean.
This year's winners include:
Best Large Ships
- Celebrity Eclipse: Best Overall Ship, Best Cabins, Best Dining, Best for Embarkation, Best for Fitness, Best Public Rooms, Best Shore Excursions, Best Value for Money
- Celebrity Solstice: Best Service
- Norwegian Epic: Best Entertainment
- Riviera (Oceania): Best Overall Ship, Best Cabins, Best Dining, Best for Embarkation, Best Public Rooms, Best Service, Best Value for Money
- Marina (Oceania): Best for Fitness
- Thomson Spirit: Best Entertainment
- Celebrity Century: Best Shore Excursions
- Azamara Journey: Best Overall Ship, Best Dining, Best for Embarkation, Best Entertainment, Best Service, Best Shore Excursions, Best Value for Money
- Azamara Quest: Best for Fitness
- Seabourn Sojourn: Best Cabins, Best Public Rooms
Best Destination Cruises (based on global ratings)
- Best Cruise to Alaska: Volendam (Holland America)
- Best Cruise to the Bahamas: Disney Dream
- Best Cruise to the Caribbean: Disney Fantasy
- Best Cruise to the Mediterranean: Riviera (Oceania)
- Best from the U.K.: Celebrity Eclipse
Cruise Critic boasts the largest online cruise community in the world with more than 100,000 cruise reviews, covering approximately 400 of the most popular cruise ships. Awards are based on reviews submitted for cruises taken in 2012.