The European Regions Airline Association (ERA), which represents some 65 intra-European airlines and more than 100 other organisations involved in air transport, is holding its annual General Assembly conference and exhibition in Rome from 28-30 September 2011. More than 500 senior aviation executives and industry experts are expected to attend.
The General Assembly is ERA’s major platform for informing on, and debating, the current issues facing the intra-European air transport industry. An impressive line-up of speakers and panellists include:
- Matthew Baldwin, Director – Air Transport, DG MOVE, European Commission
- Abdul Wahab Teffaha, Secretary General, Arab Air Carriers Organisation
- Vijay Poonoosamy, Vice President International and Public Affairs, Etihad Airways
- Krysztof Kapis, Director of Aviation Department in the Polish Ministry of Infrastructure
- Boet Kreiken, Managing Director, KLM Cityhopper
- Mary Kirby, Senior Editor, Flight International
- Torston Domroes, Sr. Manager Portfolio Management, Jeppesen
- Florian Guillerment, Chief Programme Office, SESAR Joint Undertaking
The ERA Directorate will also be holding a press conference on Thursday 29 September to launch its latest study called: “Air and Rail: Setting the Record Straight”. Based on extensive research and work carried out by independent bodies, the study looks at the merits of both transport modes and examines the case for each, in terms of their environmental impact, return on investment, competition and substitution, as well as the different regulatory approaches taken by policy makers.