CEO Clayton Reid honored with HSMAI’s Lifetime Achievement Award for hospitality marketing alongside multiple client campaign wins.
KANSAS CITY, MO – MMGY Global announced its CEO Clayton Reid has received a Lifetime Achievement Award from the Hospitality Sales & Marketing Association International (HSMAI) for his industry leadership and lasting contributions to the field of travel marketing. On the same night, MMGY Global was also honored with multiple awards during HSMAI’s 2021 Adrian Awards, which celebrate the best in travel and tourism marketing, advertising and public relations.
Reid was honored with the Albert E. Koehl Award for Lifetime Achievement in Hospitality Marketing, while the agency and its clients were also recognized with 20 Adrian Awards for innovative work and impacts made through its marketing campaigns. The Adrian Awards were presented at a ceremony held on March 30 in Boca Raton, FL.
"It is with great pride that we congratulate Clayton, our clients and our global teammates on these wins,” said MMGY Global President Katie Briscoe. “Clayton’s visionary leadership over the last three decades has empowered the company to create compelling, results-driven campaigns for travel’s biggest brands. We applaud his inspiring legacy and thank the industry for recognizing his contributions as well as our hundreds of colleagues around the world who dedicate themselves to travel and hospitality.”
MMGY Global’s winning entries included work completed for travel and tourism brands during the pandemic, reflecting the creativity, ingenuity, research acumen and integrated strategy for clients such as the South Dakota Department of Tourism, Macao Government Tourism Office and resort operator Karisma Hotels & Resorts.
Named one of Adweek’s 100 Fastest Growing Agencies, MMGY Global is a worldwide integrated marketing communications and technology company specializing exclusively in the travel, tourism and hospitality industries. The firm’s work has included support of global issues such as the empowerment of women in the tourism industry, prevention of human trafficking, promotion of sustainability and the power of underrepresented communities in travel.
2021 Adrian Awards Won by MMGY Global & Partners
- South Dakota Department of Tourism | "Great Places Are Waiting" COVID-19 Campaign Strategy (MMGY)
- South Dakota Department of Tourism | ThanksGIFing Social Media Campaign (MMGY)
- Karisma Hotels & Resorts | Nickelodeon Hotels & Resorts Riviera Maya Makes a Big Splash in a Saturated Market (MMGY NJF)
- Fort Myers – Islands, Beaches and Neighborhoods | Sanibel Island Shines on Southern Living's "The South's Best" Issue with Cover Feature and Placement (MMGY NJF)
- Macao Government Tourism Office (USA)| Dream Now and Travel Later (MMGY Myriad)
- Visit KC | Run It Back Home Super Bowl Campaign (MMGY)
- Costa Rica Tourism | Rediscover Pura Vida Social Media Content (MMGY)
- Colorado Tourism Office | Do Colorado Right (MMGY)
- Visit St. Pete/Clearwater | Visit St. Pete/Clearwater Makes a Splash at Super Bowl LV (MMGY NJF)
- Visit California | Epic Trails: Showcasing California's Outdoor Experiences (MMGY NJF)
- Karisma Hotels & Resorts | Drool-worthy Floating Taco Boats Go Viral at the Margaritaville Island Reserve Riviera Cancun (MMGY NJF)
- Hamilton Princess | A Princess Poses for the Pages of Vanity Fair (MMGY NJF)
- The National WWII Museum | Pearl Harbor's 80th Anniversary Remembered (MMGY NJF)
- MMGY Global | Launching of the Groundbreaking Black Traveler Study
- South Dakota Department of Tourism and Wyoming Office of Tourism | Black to Yellow Road Trip Campaign Co-op (MMGY)
- Visit Myrtle Beach | Visit Myrtle Beach Facebook Brand Lift Study (MMGY)
- Fort Myers – Islands, Beaches and Neighborhoods | NYT Custom Content: The Sounds of Nature Multigenerational Campaign (MMGY)
- Fort Myers – Islands, Beaches and Neighborhoods | Fort Myers and Sanibel Recovery Evolution (MMGY)
- Fort Myers – Islands, Beaches and Neighborhoods | Cooperative Advertising Program Website Portal (MMGY)
- Visit St. Pete/Clearwater | Life's Rewards Season 2 (MMGY NJF)
In addition to Reid, MMGY founder Peter Yesawich received the Albert E. Koehl Award for Lifetime Achievement in 1991.
Vicky is the co-founder of TravelDailyNews Media Network where she is the Editor-in Chief. She is also responsible for the daily operation and the financial policy. She holds a Bachelor's degree in Tourism Business Administration from the Technical University of Athens and a Master in Business Administration (MBA) from the University of Wales.
She has many years of both academic and industrial experience within the travel industry. She has written/edited numerous articles in various tourism magazines.