Further to a proposal by its Board of Directors, the UFTAA General Assembly, meeting in Johannesburg (South Africa) decided to recommend, to all its Member Associations and Federations:…
Further to a proposal by its Board of Directors, the UFTAA General Assembly, meeting in Johannesburg (South Africa) decided to recommend, to all its Member Associations and Federations:
- to resume talks with I.A.T.A. and its committees in view of positive developments of discussions before the upcoming Passenger Agency Conference in July.
UFTAA maintains its position with regard to a need for a modernised and balanced Sales Agency Agreement to the benefit of both airlines, consumers and the accredited travel agency community. Professional travel agents are willing to and could greatly contribute to the recovery of the airline industry provided full confidence is restored between the parties.
Elections were held at the Johannesburg General Assembly and resulted in the following:
UFTAA Board of Directors for 2003
- Chairman: Mr. Udaya NANAYAKKARA (Sri Lanka), Director Region 8
- Vice Chairman: Mr. Brian WILD (Australia), Director Region 9
- Vice Chairman Finance: Mr. Matias PRISCO (Argentina), Director Region 1
- Mr. Joseph BORG OLIVIER (Malta), Director Region 4
- Mr. Marc-Andre CHARLEBOIS (Canada), Director Region 2
- Mr. Emmanuel NGASSA HAPPI (Cameroon), Director Region 5
- Mr. Jean-Claude ROUACH (Monaco), Director Region 3
- Mrs. Maryvonne POOL (Tanzania), Director Region 6
- Mr. Tarek SHALLAH (Syria), Director Region 7
Theodore is the Co-Founder and Managing Editor of TravelDailyNews Media Network; his responsibilities include business development and planning for TravelDailyNews long-term opportunities.