IdeaWorksCompany identifies examples from easyJet, Jet2.com, Jetstar, Ryanair, Singapore, and Wizz Air which reveal responsive retailing methods at websites.
DUBLIN, IRELAND & SHOREWOOD, WISCONSIN – Cashiers and clerks just take customer orders. True salespeople identify the individual needs of a customer, and do their best to provide a solution. This is something the six airlines featured in the latest report sponsored by global travel tech provider CarTrawler already know. Booking Path Magic Converts Consumers describes how the carriers in the report are enhancing the capabilities of the booking path by making them more responsive to consumers. The 12-page report includes the following key findings:
- EasyJet’s unique seat map engages the consumer in a second opportunity toeasily upgrade their fare bundle, while preserving pricing transparency.
- Jet2.com automatically serves up discounted kids’ meals when children are included in the booking request.
- Jetstar makes joining its Club Jetstar subscription plan easy with discounts for bag and pre-assigned seat fees immediately displayed in the booking path.
- Ryanair’s online seat map requires children to be seated next to parents, and waives the pre-assigned seating fees for kids.
- Singapore adds free standard seat assignments for families buying their lowest priced Economy Lite and Economy Value fares.
- Wizz Air creates special Wizz Plus Family and Wizz Go Family fares when children are included in the itinerary at WizzAir.com.
Five of the examples in the report demonstrate how family oriented services are perfect candidates for responsive booking paths. This is a timely development as airlines, consumers, and regulators debate the issue of pre-assigned seating fees for families.
“The recent resurgence in travel has been great news for the industry, and it’s clear that airlines are implementing the learnings from that difficult time to provide their customers with excellent experiences, more benefits and great options,” says Aileen McCormack, Chief Commercial Officer, CarTrawler. “CarTrawler provides world-class technology to its partners, which in turn enables them to provide these offerings at the right place and the right time to their customers.”
Theodore is the Co-Founder and Managing Editor of TravelDailyNews Media Network; his responsibilities include business development and planning for TravelDailyNews long-term opportunities.