Amid an industry with severe challenges there are no simple solutions. IT is however the enabler for change, to remove complexity…
Amid an industry with severe challenges there are no simple solutions. IT is however the enabler for change, to remove complexity and to deliver pragmatic solutions. SITA, the world`s leading provider of network and communications solutions to the Travel and Transportation Industry (TTI), today announced its speakers and focus for the 2005 Insight Conference, which will take place September 13 – 15 at Doral Tesoro Hotel & Golf Club in Fort Worth, Texas. The conference, in its fifth year, will focus on effective ways to use technology solutions to cut airline & airport costs, enhance business process efficiencies and simplify the travel and transportation industry.
This year, panel discussions on convergence, transportation security, self-service, and common- use products are on the agenda and the panels will consist of industry experts, customer participants and SITA specialists. These panels are designed to not only be informative, but to also encourage interactive discussions. Attendees will also have the opportunity to investigate the benefits of incorporating evolving technologies and strategies to drive economic efficiencies and to enhance the customer experience.
This year`s industry expert speakers include:
- Ted Hutchins, Chief Technology Officer, AirTran Airlines: How IT and convergence have helped AirTran to reach its current level of success
- Tony Charaf, Senior Vice President, Technical Operations, Delta Airlines: How IT evolution affects the culture of your organization and the benefits of building and maintaining a positive workplace culture
- Bob Goodwin, Vice President of Research, Gartner: Information technology investment climate, the identification of emerging technologies and IT solutions to enable business process improvement
- Doug Abbey, Partner, The Velocity Group: Airline Industry Dynamics: Challenge for Technology Suppliers
- Craig Symons, Principal Analyst, Forrester: How to Value IT
The 2005 Insight Conference offers a variety of discussion formats to examine how smart technology investments are being used to build the future of the Travel and Transportation Industry (TTI). Other discussion topics include convergence technologies, data security, RFID, distribution, and communications solutions integration. Post conference, SITA will publish a top line summary of critical trends and issues that were discussed among the attendants of the event, all from the travel and transportation industry.
Theodore is the Co-Founder and Managing Editor of TravelDailyNews Media Network; his responsibilities include business development and planning for TravelDailyNews long-term opportunities.