Travel restrictions are subject to constant modifications and they might change again in the home or destination country during your upcoming trip. In such cases, you need to contact your travel provider at the earliest.
International travel is far from simple as you need to deal with sorting your passport and visa, learning some key local phrases for easy communication, securing proper lodging, and taking care of ticket booking. However, the degree of complexity has increased since the advent of covid with a substantial increase in security regulations around the globe. If you have been planning an overseas journey, then you have arrived at the right place as today we are going to share a checklist that can have your back at your recent travel plans.
• Earlier we just had to choose our destination and book the tickets. But travel has become pretty complex currently as you need to have clear knowledge of your destination’s requirements before making the plan. Here you need to inquire about whether your destination country is accepting visitors from your home country and if yes then for how long you will be permitted to stay. You will also have to enquire whether you will have to undergo mandatory covid testing or quarantine on arrival to the destination country.
• Traveling is synonymous with packing your necessities. However, packing has changed drastically since the advent of covid. Apart from your regular garments, toiletries, documents, and medicines, you will also have to pack hand sanitizers, face masks, disposable gloves, disinfecting wipes, etc. in abundance.
• Risk levels might vary from one person to another. This is why you need to hold a detailed discussion with your doctor and enquire about your risk level for getting recommendations of staying safe while traveling. During this drill, your doctor might ask about your immunization history to ensure that you are up-to-date on the latest vaccines. They might even prescribe a test before your trip.
• Having an emergency plan ready can be of great help if you or any of your travel companions fall sick while traveling. Suppose you have visited the vivacious Tenerife Island which is popular for its lively nightlife and spectacular beaches. You need to do all the research work beforehand of all the medical facilities near your place of stay, their billing facilities, and the quarantine period. Doing this can offer readymade help if you somehow fall ill during the trip. If you somehow get injured and wish to get treated in your home country, then you should enquire about car hire from TFS airport so that you can fly back at the earliest after getting some medical aid.
• Travel insurance has gained paramount importance amidst the covid outbreak. You should look into the travel insurance policy before planning the trip so that you can have help at hand if someone falls sick in foreign waters or the trip has to be canceled because of the rising number of infections. If you already have travel insurance, then you need to check the coverage as in most cases, the companies don’t cover pandemic or epidemic-related charges.
• Currency exchange serves as an important part of any trip. Previously we used to get the currency exchanged from our bank or currency provider at the airport. But given the increased threat of covid spread, it is better to seek online money transfer services. In this way, you can prevent standing in long queues to receive cash that has already changed multiple hands before reaching yours.
Travel restrictions are subject to constant modifications and they might change again in the home or destination country during your upcoming trip. In such cases, you need to contact your travel provider at the earliest. Whether or not you are eligible for a refund will depend on the type of booking you have done. However, you can expect adequate support from them to return to your home destination quickly and safely. In most cases, your travel agent will take care of everything ranging from airport car rental to normal car rentals to guarantee a safe passage. If you have made the bookings yourself, then you will have to take care of all the nitty-gritty yourself.