‘Destination meets Online’ is going into the 4th round: From the 20th to the 23rd April 2012, the renowned conference for online tourism will take place at Hotel Iberostar Creta Panorama – Rethymno, Crete.
Destination meets Online’s goal is to connect tourism, especially online tourism, with the most important destinations and regularly hosts congresses under the name ‘Destination meets Online’. There, the decision-makers from destination and online tourism get to know each other, develop an understanding of the particular business models and explore ways of cooperation. The online tourism brings its know-how to the destinations, by sharing with the participants of Destination meets Online all contents necessary to actively participate in the online world. In Germany, Austria and Switzerland, Destination meets Online only addresses to the management of major tourism companies, especially executives of travel portals, travel agents, virtual travel agents, technology companies, airlines and marketing organizations.
The hot topic of this year’s event: ‘X Travel Agencies – Better than their reputation?’ AliDogan, initiator of ‘Destination meets Online’, sends an example with Greece as partner destination.
The congress focuses on the current and sometimes controversial topics of the tourism industry. The red-hot topic ‘X Travel Agencies’ currently concerns the whole industry, so Dogan is hitting the mark. "The market is getting faster and more transparent, but also more complex. The more important it is to analyze new concepts – advantages as well as potential risks – with professionals and destinations", says online pioneer Dogan. "We want to support Greece as one of the most important tourist destinations of the Germans. Especially in the currently challenging times, the proactive dialog between the German and Greek travel industry is crucial." Last years’ destinations Turkey, Egypt and Spain presented the most significant personalities of the German travel industry and profited from the event.
Top event with around 350 participants
In just a few years, ‘Destination meets Online’ has become an established top event for tourism professionals – not just online tourism professionals. Among the participants and speakers, there are many renowned persons of the national and international tourism scene. There are approx. 350 participants per event.
The speakers in ‘Destination meets Online’ are:
- Martina Engert, Checkout Experience Consultant for Germany, Austria and Switzerland, “PayPal Deutschland SE”
- Sven Gruhl, Senior Manager Sales for Germany, Austria and Switzerland for “PayPal Deutschland SE”
- Dr. Axel Jockwer, Lecturer at the Cooperative State University Ravensburg
- Georg Ziegler, Head of B2B at HolidayCheck AG
- Claudia Franz, Sales Director at Payment Network AG
- Peter Seybold, Senior Manager Sales, Business Unit Large Merchant Sales & and Innovations, Germany, Austria and Switzerland, PayPal SE
- Dr. Oliver Rengelshausen, Country Manager for Germany and Austria for TravelTainment
- Claudia Brozel, University Heilbronn/Dresden
- Michael Faber, Managing Partner of Tourismuszukunft
- Dr. Jan O. Mauelshagen, Responsible for the operations of the X Travel Business Urlaubstours
- Achim Schneider, CEO at Vtours