52% plan to travel abroad, while 47.7% say they will not leave their home country.
VacationRenter, the fast-growing rental search platform, surveyed thousands of users from around the world to reveal 2022 travel trends. Insights include:
- Lengthy Stays Aren’t Going Away: 32% of travelers say they plan to stay in a short-term rental for more than three weeks
- Vacation Frequency Varies: 34.8% of respondents indicated that they would be taking one to two trips while 34.2% said they would embark on three to four trips throughout the year
- Travelers Hesitate to Book Accommodations Too Far Ahead: 40.6% of respondents said they would book within seven days or less of departure. 26% will book within 30 days, 13.4% within 60 to 90 days and 19.9% will book more than three months in advance
- International Travel is Split: 52% plan to travel abroad, while 47.7% say they will not leave their home country
- Conservative Budgets & Big Spenders Dominate: Respondents anticipate spending an average of $2,197 on each vacation. 30.6% said they anticipate spending $250-$500 per trip with another 34% spending $2,501 and above
Tatiana is the news coordinator for TravelDailyNews Media Network (traveldailynews.gr, traveldailynews.com and traveldailynews.asia). Her role includes monitoring the hundreds of news sources of TravelDailyNews Media Network and skimming the most important according to our strategy.
She holds a Bachelor's degree in Communication & Mass Media from Panteion University of Political & Social Studies of Athens and she has been editor and editor-in-chief in various economic magazines and newspapers.