While average spending per night is $225, Gen Z will spend around $303, Millennials around $257 and Baby Boomers around $177.
ENGINE Insights conducted a study that uncovered a direct correlation between the two: Over half (56%) of American adults said being able to travel plays a role in their decision to get vaccinated – and 76% plan to take a trip in the next 12 months. Of those respondents, highlights include:
- Where will they stay? 72% are likely to stay in a hotel, 65% with family/friends, 35% at all-inclusive resorts & 35% at an Airbnb or Vrbo rental
- How will they travel? 66% are likely to travel via their own car, 49% via plane, 34% via rental car, 22% via Uber/Lyft & 19% via cruise ship
- How much will they spend? While average spending per night is $225, Gen Z will spend around $303, Millennials around $257 and Baby Boomers around $177
- Where will they travel to? 46% are intending to visit a national park, 37% to a historical landmark, 31% to an amusement park & 30% to a resort
- When will they take trips? 39% would feel confident booking a trip in 3 months, while 35% would book a trip as early as this weekend
Tatiana is the news coordinator for TravelDailyNews Media Network (traveldailynews.gr, traveldailynews.com and traveldailynews.asia). Her role includes monitoring the hundreds of news sources of TravelDailyNews Media Network and skimming the most important according to our strategy.
She holds a Bachelor's degree in Communication & Mass Media from Panteion University of Political & Social Studies of Athens and she has been editor and editor-in-chief in various economic magazines and newspapers.