$289+ is the average person’s Thanksgiving weekend spending.
To help people embrace the Thanksgiving spirit in the face of political bickering and a slew of recent national tragedies, the personal-finance website WalletHub released its 2017 Thanksgiving Facts report, which details how much Americans will spend, eat, drink, watch and more. The report features both an embeddable infographic and a Q&A with a panel of experts on Thanksgiving weekend’s economic importance.
- $289+ – Average person’s Thanksgiving weekend spending
- 10 Hrs. 41 Mins. – Length of time the average American male would need to spend on the treadmill to burn the 4,500 calories – consumed at the average Thanksgiving meal
- $780+ Million – Estimated amount Americans spend on Thanksgiving turkeys each year, with 46 million turkeys killed for the holiday
- $28 Million – Amount of property loss caused by residential building fires each Thanksgiving
- 84 Percent – Share of people say they are most thankful for either family health or family relationships
Tatiana is the news coordinator for TravelDailyNews Media Network (traveldailynews.gr, traveldailynews.com and traveldailynews.asia). Her role includes monitoring the hundreds of news sources of TravelDailyNews Media Network and skimming the most important according to our strategy.
She holds a Bachelor's degree in Communication & Mass Media from Panteion University of Political & Social Studies of Athens and she has been editor and editor-in-chief in various economic magazines and newspapers.