Clarion brand extension continues US expansion with hotels that provide affordable elevated essentials.
ROCKVILLE, MD. – Two years after launching Clarion Pointe, a midscale select-service brand extension franchised by Choice Hotels International, Inc., the brand has opened its 20th hotel in the U.S. and now has over 50 hotels open or in the pipeline, demonstrating its strong growth. The milestone was marked by recent Clarion Pointe openings in Raleigh, North Carolina; Savannah, Georgia; and Marshall, Texas, as the brand continues its coast-to-coast expansion.
“Two years ago, we set out to create a hotel brand that combines elevated essentials with an affordable experience to meet demand from guests and franchisees – and their feedback has been overwhelmingly positive, as evidenced by how quickly we achieved this milestone, especially amid the current environment,” said Megan Brumagim, vice president, brand management, design and compliance, Choice Hotels. “We look forward to establishing the brand in even more key markets around the country – including Louisville, Kentucky; Salt Lake City, Utah; and Syracuse, New York – and putting a finer ‘pointe’ on affordable travel with a sharper, more connected stay for guests.”
Clarion Pointe expects to add more than 10 hotels to its portfolio this year, including these recent openings:
- Clarion Pointe in Raleigh, North Carolina: Located at 2910 Capital Blvd. in Raleigh, North Carolina off Interstate 440, the 91-room hotel gives travelers a taste of the city with floor-to-ceiling murals of the Raleigh skyline and downtown area. The hotel offers easy access to many businesses and attractions in downtown Raleigh, including Adventure Landing, Marbles Kids Museum, the North Carolina State Capitol, North Carolina State University, Raleigh Convention Center, United Skates of America and WakeMed Health and Hospitals. A short drive to Raleigh-Durham International Airport, the hotel is also near several city and state offices, as well as a variety of shopping and dining options.
- Clarion Pointe Savannah Gateway I-95: Situated at 17001 Abercorn Street in the popular vacation destination of Savannah, Georgia, the 75-room hotel is less than five minutes from the Shoppes of Savannah, 10 minutes from the Armstrong Campus of Georgia Southern University and 15 minutes from Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport as well as the Savannah Historic District. Full of rich history and culture, Savannah is home to the largest National Historic Landmark District in the U.S., featuring 18th and 19th century architecture and many green spaces. The city’s famed buildings, riverboats and Spanish moss-draped oak trees come alive in signature murals showcased throughout the common areas and guest rooms of the hotel. The city also offers world-class shopping, dining, museums and entertainment attractions.
- Clarion Pointe Marshall: The 85-room hotel is located at 5301 East End Blvd. South in Marshall, Texas. Conveniently situated off both Interstate 20 and Interstate 59, the hotel is near Marshall’s beautiful historic district with bustling shops and restaurants. The hotel’s murals reflect Texas’ storied history in the oil and petroleum industry, with imagery of oil drilling and rigs throughout, as well as quarter horses roaming across Texas’ open ranges. Guests can enjoy the nearby Caddo Lake, the largest natural lake in Texas, which is in the middle of a picturesque cypress forest draped with Spanish moss. For travelers visiting on business, there are several companies with a significant presence in the area, including AT&T, Brookshire Grocery Company, Verizon, Walgreens and Walmart.
Clarion Pointe builds on the Clarion brand promise of creating social environments while transforming the hotel with a more modern guest experience. Clarion Pointe allows guests to optimize their stay with “focal pointes,” including:
- Contemporary design touches that guests will want to share with friends, such as signature murals in the lobby and guestrooms inspired by local points of interest.
- Thoughtful food and beverage selections, starting with a complimentary breakfast and coffee, all the way through craft beer, select wine and small bites available for purchase in the marketplace.
- Technology with on-demand connectivity to work or chill out, including 49-inch TVs with casting capabilities and free, streaming-strength Wi-Fi.
- Dedicated workout space featuring all the modern essentials, like cardio equipment and a strength-training station, to stay fit to the core.
“Developers are raving about Clarion Pointe’s focal pointes just as much as guests. Not only do they help travelers make the most of every moment on the road, but they are a real differentiator for the brand and franchisees are bullish on its potential,” said Tom Nee, senior vice president, franchise development, Choice Hotels. “Further, Clarion Pointe affords developers the opportunity to reposition a limited-service property to appeal to guests of today and tomorrow.”
Theodore is the Co-Founder and Managing Editor of TravelDailyNews Media Network; his responsibilities include business development and planning for TravelDailyNews long-term opportunities.