The number of requests coming through Great Hotels Organisation’s MICE desk have soared by over 150% and the number of visitors to the website have nearly quadrupled, since the launch of their “Great Events, Greater Value” promotion, proving that hoteliers need to offer added value to buyers in order to maximise sales throughout the economic downturn.
The promotion, which launched in May and is the first of its kind to be offered by an independent hotel sales and marketing alliance, meets MICE buyers’ needs by offering a standardised, value-added package across the entire meeting and incentive collection of hotels belonging to GHO’s two brands – Great Hotels of the World and Special Hotels of the World.
During this period of economic uncertainty, GHO has responded to buyers demands by delivering exactly what they want – flexibility and added value without added cost.
“The feedback from buyers has been extremely positive”, says Perrine Chapelain, sales manager – meetings and incentives at GHO “Clients are increasingly sensitive, they expect better deals but with the same high level of service. With ‘Great Events, Greater Value’, we continue to maintain the quality and image of our brand during the recession, ensuring our clients will still be with us when better times come.”
Buyers making bookings through GHO’s global sales office will be offered the following for all bookings confirmed by 30 September 2009.
– Up to two complimentary bedrooms for the client site inspection whether the event confirms or releases.
– Up to two complimentary bedrooms for the on-site event team for the duration of the event with late check-out.
– One complimentary upgrade, for every 25 confirmed bedrooms per night.
– One complimentary bedroom for every 50 confirmed bedrooms per night.
– Free office for the event organiser for the duration of the event.
– Free internet connection in the main meeting room for the duration of the event.
– A €100 voucher to spend on accommodation at any member hotel for every €40,000 confirmed (up to 400).