320,000-square-foot country club-style, athletic fitness, tennis, family recreation, medical, spa and country club-style destination creates more than 300 new jobs, inspires healthy living for all ages.
CHARLOTTE, N.C. – Life Time, the nation's only Healthy Way of Life brand, is set to transform the healthy living landscape in Charlotte with the opening of its largest destination ever constructed to date. Life Time Athletic Charlotte, located at 11220 Golf Links Drive and part of the Rea Farms development, will host a grand opening and ribbon cutting celebration at 6:00 p.m. on Thursday, December 14. Subsequently, the club will officially open to First Founder's Members at 4:00 a.m. on Friday, December 15 and to all members at 4:00 a.m. on Tuesday, December 19.
The 320,000-square-foot Life Time Athletic Charlotte footprint truly delivers an unparalleled athletic resort experience like none other in the country. The expansive resort covers more than 24 acres and features everything members of any age could dream of in the areas of healthy living, healthy aging and healthy entertainment, including:
- A 193,000-square-foot, two-story club with multiple, luxurious studios designed for cycle, large group training, yoga and pilates, functional strength training spaces, an outdoor rooftop space for yoga and other workouts, ten indoor tennis courts, two full-size basketball courts, indoor aquatic center, fast-service LifeCafe restaurant, a full-service LifeSpa salon and spa, Kids – Academy and LT Proactive Care medical practice.
- 70,000-square-foot outdoor tennis complex with ten courts with Har-Tru and hard surfaces. Life Time Tennis features an extensive tennis program with in-house leagues, private lessons, drills and clinics, mixers, club championships, in-house tournaments, a junior program and more.
- 50,0000-square-foot outdoor aquatic oasis featuring leisure, lap and whirlpools, water slides and an outdoor bistro and lounge seating resort experience with 125 palm trees surrounding the space.
"This extraordinary development allows us to provide the South Charlotte community with a comprehensive athletic resort that simply is unmatched," said Johnny Groff, general manager of Life Time Athletic Charlotte. "We are honored to begin serving our members – from our youngest kids to most seasoned adults – with a unique and comprehensive Healthy Way of Life experience through our incredible array of health, wellness, nutrition, relaxation and entertainment services and programs."
Life Time Athletic Charlotte's wide-range of exclusive programming is delivered with a personalized approach to health and wellness, including assessments and nutrition coaching that helps each member of the family achieve their optimal individual sports, health, fitness and personal performance goals.
The development also serves as the ultimate boutique in the area with more than 100 studio classes weekly, led by an all-star cast of performers with a variety of formats for every passion and skill level. Life Time's indoor cycle program, featuring AMP, EDG and PWR classes, will fill the state-of-the-art Cycle Studio, while exclusive Signature Studio, Yoga and Barre classes such as Strike!, TCX, Warrior Sculpt and LifeBarre will occupy beautifully designed studio spaces including a yoga studio outdoors. Additionally, small group training programs, such as Alpha and TEAM training, will be conducted in designated functional training spaces throughout the Life Time resort.
Life Time Athletic also features Charlotte's first-of-its-kind, LT Proactive Care Medical, a physician owned medical practice focused on innovative ways to help patients achieve optimal health. LT Proactive Care Medical brings an integrated, whole-body approach that incorporates the three pillars of optimal health: medicine, nutrition, and exercise.
Additional Life Time Athletic Franklin highlights include:
- Life Time Kids Academy, a unique membership program designed especially for kids from three months to 11 years, led by hand-picked, certified experts committed to childhood development. More than 80 classes will be offered weekly including from tumbling, yoga, Spanish immersion, arts and more.
- LifeCafe, a fast-casual restaurant serving healthy food and beverages free of trans fats, bleached flours, and artificial flavors, colors, preservatives and sweeteners.
- LifeSpa, offering full-service hair, nail and skin care services and therapeutic massage and open to members and non-members. – Non-members receive access to the club and two hours of complimentary access to Life Time Kids Academy.
- Ultimate Hoops, the largest recreational basketball league in the country, featuring leagues and pick-up games, along with UH Training programs for youth and adults.
- Complimentary towel and locker service.
Life Time Athletic Charlotte is the 130th Life Time destination in North America and the first built club in Charlotte (Life Time also operates smaller destinations in Matthews and at University Blvd in Charlotte). The destination will be open seven days a week from 4:00 a.m. to midnight. A range of memberships are available for individuals, couples and families. For more information about Life Time Athletic, visiting our website or Facebook page.
Vicky is the co-founder of TravelDailyNews Media Network where she is the Editor-in Chief. She is also responsible for the daily operation and the financial policy. She holds a Bachelor's degree in Tourism Business Administration from the Technical University of Athens and a Master in Business Administration (MBA) from the University of Wales.
She has many years of both academic and industrial experience within the travel industry. She has written/edited numerous articles in various tourism magazines.