Revinate unveils its inaugural Hotel Email Marketing Benchmark Report based on the analysis of 77 million emails sent from Revinate marketing customers.
Revinate, the software as a service (SaaS) company that helps hotels transform guest data into revenue, announced the release of the 2018 Hotel Email Marketing Benchmark Report, a new free resource that helps hoteliers benchmark their email marketing performance against other hotels, and gain insight into how to drive more revenue from email marketing campaigns.
To create the report, Revinate analyzed more than 77 million emails sent from Revinate Marketing customers in the EMEA, North America and Asia Pacific regions. Hoteliers can benchmark their performance against their peers across categories like database size, segmentation, campaign performance, upsell conversion, ROI from email, and much more.
- UK and Ireland have the largest average guest database size, with >45K unique reachable profiles per hotel. Those two markets are followed by North America (>33K) and the Middle East (>25K).
- Segmentation drives a 20% higher open rate, a 70% higher click-through rate (CTR), and 73% higher revenue per recipient than non-segmented campaigns.
- The EMEA region sees the highest average open rate for one-time campaigns at 18.5%, followed by APAC (16.8%) and North America (15.6%).
- EMEA properties also lead the ranking in average conversion rate (0.63%).
- Coincidentally, EMEA hotels send half the volume of email compared to hotels in North America, on average.
- Pre-arrival upsell campaigns sent 2-4 days before check-in see higher upsell conversion than campaigns sent outside that window.
- Transactional emails see the highest engagement, with confirmation and modification emails getting up to 70% open rates and 17% CTR, while welcome emails sent to guests upon check-in get an average open rate of 50% and 13% CTR.
- Across all hotels using Revinate Marketing for one-time, automated and upsell campaigns, the majority (55%) see a return on investment (ROI) of 10x or higher.
Kelly Robb, Revinate’s Senior Director of Marketing and Growth, says, “Through our analysis of tens of millions of emails, we were pleased to see just how effective email marketing is for hoteliers worldwide. We hope that this report will inspire the industry as a whole to further embrace email marketing as a sure-fire way to generate cost-effective direct bookings through smarter segmentation and personalization.”
Vicky is the co-founder of TravelDailyNews Media Network where she is the Editor-in Chief. She is also responsible for the daily operation and the financial policy. She holds a Bachelor's degree in Tourism Business Administration from the Technical University of Athens and a Master in Business Administration (MBA) from the University of Wales.
She has many years of both academic and industrial experience within the travel industry. She has written/edited numerous articles in various tourism magazines.