A Marriott veteran of more than 30 years, Ron McAnaugh, Area General Manager at JW Marriott Tampa Water Street and Tampa Marriott Water Street, comes to the JW Marriott Tampa Water Street with a wealth of hospitality experience.
TAMPA, FLORIDA – With a soft opening date slated for late December and a grand opening celebration in March 2021, JW Marriott Tampa Water Street is excited to introduce its leadership team. Together, this skilled collection of hospitality professionals will ensure that the highly anticipated property offers guests an enriching, immersive escape in the midst of Tampa’s exciting Water Street neighborhood.
“We’ve gathered an incredibly talented group of hospitality industry experts here on Water Street,” said Ron McAnaugh, Area General Manager at JW Marriott Tampa Water Street and Tampa Marriott Water Street. “Together, this leadership team will ensure that each and every guest at the JW Marriott Tampa Water Street enjoys the ultimate in service.”
A Marriott veteran of more than 30 years, McAnaugh comes to the JW Marriott Tampa Water Street with a wealth of hospitality experience. Prior to his role as Area General Manager at sister property Tampa Marriott Water Street, Ron served as Hotel Manager for Orlando World Center Marriott, Marriott’s largest hotel. In addition to his Marriott responsibilities, McAnaugh just wrapped his term as Chairman of Visit Tampa Bay, and is now President of the Hillsborough County Hotel & Motel Association (HCHMA) and on the board for Tampa’s Friends of the Riverwalk organization.
The new JW Marriott Tampa Water Street leadership team that will be supporting McAnaugh includes:
- Christopher Adkins, Director of Sales & Marketing: A long-time resident of Florida’s Gulf Coast, Chris has more than 25 years of experience in the hospitality industry — and over 20 with Marriott International, including leadership positions at Ritz-Carlton, Renaissance and Marriot brand hotels. In his role, he will lead the overall sales efforts, as well as create and execute a marketing plan that lays the foundation for the hotel’s success.
- Brittany Matthews, Director of Sales: Brittany’s 19-year Marriott sales career has spanned seven unique Marriott brands across six major cities including Chicago, San Antonio and Nashville. As Director of Sales at both Tampa Marriott Water Street and JW Marriott Tampa Water Street, she will be leading the group, catering and city-wide sales efforts for the hotels, and is passionate about selling Tampa and Water Street as a distinct and vibrant destination.
- Ryan Burns, Director of Restaurants: A seasoned culinary and hospitality professional, Ryan’s expanded knowledge of restaurant management has allowed him to serve at such esteemed properties in Central Florida as Gaylord Palms and Omni ChampionsGate Resort. Prior to joining the team at JW Marriott Tampa Water Street, Ryan’s restaurant operations expertise led to the re-conception of Tampa Marriott Water Street’s newest restaurants, Garrison Tavern and Anchor and Brine.
- Joseph Pankrath, Executive Chef: Chef Pankrath’s varied techniques and modern culinary twists are the result of a quarter century of hotel and gastronomic expertise. Staying abreast of current culinary trends, he creates inspiring dishes, accented with seasonal flavors and local ingredients of the Tampa Bay region.
- Richard Trinidad, Director of Spa: With more than 24 years of experience within the spa and wellness field, Richard will oversee the Spa by JW’s offerings, allowing guests to feel relaxed and rejuvenated. Originally from Puerto Rico, Richard previously held multiple positions at other Marriott properties, including the St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort in Puerto Rico and the Vinoy Renaissance St. Petersburg Resort & Golf Club.
- Bodgan Moisa, Director of Hotel Rooms Operation: Bodgan’s hospitality journey has included successful stints at such esteemed properties as JW Marriott Marquis Miami, Philadelphia Marriott West Marriott, and most recently, Tampa Marriott Water Street. In his new role, he will be responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of guest services, valet services, concierge and uniformed services, housekeeping, laundry, and communications in a courteous and effective manner.
Vicky is the co-founder of TravelDailyNews Media Network where she is the Editor-in Chief. She is also responsible for the daily operation and the financial policy. She holds a Bachelor's degree in Tourism Business Administration from the Technical University of Athens and a Master in Business Administration (MBA) from the University of Wales.
She has many years of both academic and industrial experience within the travel industry. She has written/edited numerous articles in various tourism magazines.