WHASINGTON, DC, USA – The Events Industry Council’s (EIC) Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) programme is recognised around the world as a badge of excellence in the events industry. Today, EIC announced 78 professionals who earned their CMP or CMP-Healthcare designation in May 2021. View the full list here.
“The Events Industry Council is proud to recognize this latest class of Certified Meeting Professionals as they continue their journey in the global business events industry,” said Events Industry Council CEO Amy Calvert. “This globally recognized and highly-respected certification is a symbol of their commitment to continued learning and professional development and we commend them on this incredible achievement.”
The programme was launched by EIC in 1985. EIC initiated the CMP-HC subspecialty in 2014. Both provide continuing education, increase professionalism, and enhance career opportunities in all sectors of the industry by:
- Identifying a comprehensive body of knowledge in the meeting management profession.
- Promoting industry standards, practices, and ethics.
- Stimulating the advancement of the art and science of meeting management.
- Increasing the value of CMPs to their employers.
- Maximising the value received from the products and services provided by CMPs.
EIC expanded testing options in 2020, including year-round testing and remote proctoring, as part of ongoing efforts to support industry professionals seeking to earn this designation.
More than 11,000 meeting professionals from 40 nations hold the CMP or CMP-HC designation.