Rich and unique cultural and artistic heritage. Destination ideal for:
- Cultural tours: unique history dating back to legendary arrival of Noah’s Ark on Mount Ararat
- Religious tours and pilgrimages: first country to adopt Christianity as its state religion in 301 A.D. and distinctive religious traditions
- Silk Road
- Archaeology: visits to sites as well as participation in archaeological camps
- Arts: unique forms of architecture, sculpture, painting>
- Ancient literary traditions handed down through the unique Armenian alphabet and ancient manuscripts: Matenadaran library, founded in the fifth century by the inventor of the Armenian alphabet, Mashtots, holds 17,000 Armenian manuscripts
- Crafts: high-quality handicrafts, such as paintings, carpets, hand-woven materials, pottery, jewellery, wood carving, etc.
Wide range of nature and sports activities:
- trekking and hiking
- Biking tours
- Horseback riding tours
- Alpinism and winter sports
- Fishing and hunting
- Geological, mineralogical and botanical tours
Traditions and entertainment
- Excellent Armenian cuisine, good wines and world-known cognac.
- Fun: restaurants, open-air cafes, casinos and clubs open late.
- Rural taste and traditions: rural villages to visit, traditions to taste.