On Wednesday March 6th from 11:00 to 12:00 at Hall 4.1 - Big Stage, ATTA’s president Mr. Shannon Stowell and executive director of Europe Mr. Chris Doyle will hold a joint talk centered around Imagine. Inspire. Invest. Using market trends and case studies they will prove that adventure travel is a powerful tool for ensuring a sustainable future for generations to come.
Conveying the need for more professionalism, dedication to tourism values and investment from both public and private sectors Stowell said, “We continue to look at ways to satisfy the needs and demands of the adventure travel industry from education to responsible economic development. With adventure travel growing at 17 percent each year compared to traditional tourism growing at around 4 percent, it is a clear indicator that adventure travel is resonating with the consumer as well as the destinations.”
Stowell also will moderate the Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Day in Hall 7.3 - Auditorium Europa from 10:40 to 17:30 on Thursday March 7th. The CSR day will feature a field of prominent experts from the tourism industry and political arena to discuss strategies, best practices and the economic potential of sustainable tourism. Sessions for the CSR day, include:
- Working Towards A Greater Good: The Role of Sustainable Tourism in Addressing The Millennium Development Goals
- Female Executives — Career Paths and Strategy Implications in The Tourism Industry
- Studiosus Debate: Holiday Encounters with Local People — What Does The Tourist Want, What Do The Locals Expect?
- Water Shortages: A Potential Conflict Between Tourists and Locals?
- Certified Sustainable Destinations: Baden-Wurttemberg, An Example of Best Practices
- The Child Protection Code of Conduct: The Challenges and Problems of Putting It into Practice
- Advertising Sustainable Products: Research Findings for Higher Sales.
In the afternoon on Thursday, March 7th, the ATTA will co-present the AdventureConnect Peer-to-Peer Exchange in Hall 4.1 - Adventure Stage at 17:30. During this event the ATTA will invite ITB attendees to identify and explore adventure travel issues, challenges and opportunities as a way to address global market expectations and dynamics. Present at the Exchange, as well as at a post networking AdventureConnect cocktail, sponsored by Chile, will be several leaders from the ATTA including Stowell, Doyle, as well as Mr. Antonio Del Rosal, Executive Director of Latin America and Ms. Manal Kelig, ATTA’s newly appointed Executive Director for the Middle East and North Africa.
In addition to its participation in the above events and panels, the ATTA will exhibit at ITB Berlin March 6-10, 2013, in the Adventure & Responsible Tourism Hall 4.1, stand 234. The ATTA will also be supporting a Responsible Tourism Networking gathering in Hall 4.1 on March 8th starting at 18:00.