The launch of Aeronology Mobile, a world-first travel agent application promises to help travel advisors rebound with a sophisticated and seamless global online, mobile and full-service travel booking toolbox.
“It’s a going to change the travel advisor industry,” says Russell Carstensen, CEO of rising Australian travel technology company Aeronology. “An advisor can now keep all commission in what is an affordable, user-pay one-stop shop application which allows you to earn more and save time.”
Aeronology Mobile can be used globally and the travel advisor can operate anywhere they have access to the internet. The technology is the result of 20 years of understanding the needs and requirements to be a profitable and effective travel advisor, explains Mr Carstensen.
“This application isn’t an overnight discovery; it has been years in the making and is one that offers hope for this moment of need in a world of uncertainty. We have built a travel technology service which doesn’t require licences, set up fees or base costs,” he said. “You pay as you use. It’s simple. We can even provide the travel advisor with their preferred GDS service of Sabre, Travelport or TravelSky, or use your own GDS contract. You on-charge and collect your fees at the Point of Sale.”
Aeronology Mobile is the perfect tool for independent travel advisors, or agents who are members of consortiums (Corporate & Leisure), their consultants, or individuals who want to operate as sole traders. It caters for IATA and non-IATA agents, creating the ‘lowest cost of sale in the market’ by not having the overheads or headaches of ongoing costs such as rent, licence fees, mid office and inflexible communication charges. The application set up is free and Aeronology Mobile provides the ‘nose to tail’ service which every single travel business requires in this environment, especially moving forward in a COVID-normal travel environment globally.
“The travel agent/advisor owns all their data and we provide a traveller profile database, all the shopping, plus booking and transaction services for any travel product on a web-based booking platform. This includes a mid-office service which will load to all the major accounting systems, including MYOB, Xero and QuickBooks,” Mr Carstensen says.
“The travel agent will never pay another monthly mid-office licence fee again. In the current travel environment, travel experts need to be flexible, adaptable and mobile as well as have the ability to operate off their tablets, laptops or even their mobile phones. All data is safely and securely owned by the travel agent and consultant.”
Key services and outcomes by using Aeronology’s Mobile application include:
- Increasing productivity & average total transaction value from S1.5 million to $5 million (e.g. average transaction time completing a booking is dramatically reduced).
- Dedicated Travel Agent website.
- Free and simple set up, no contracts with Aeronology.
- Your mark ups/margins are set by you (without revealing nett costs) but you have the ability to share the shopping, booking and buying experience with your customer online using Zoom (or similar screen sharing technology).
- Use your own brand. Set up with friends, or operate out of a travel agent hub.
- No Mid Office monthly licences.
- Transactions to feed directly to accounting systems eg MYOB, Xero and QuickBooks.
- Choose your suppliers and we include those suppliers into the Aeronology Mobile Content Management Software (CMS)
- Your own independent Traveller Profile Database. You own your customer assets.
- Sabre, Travelport & TravelSky: Air, Air Auxiliary & Special Service Requests (SSR’s) Content. (Transition from Amadeus available)
- Operates 24/7, globally. Work from anywhere with internet access.
- Nominal transaction fees which can be on-charged to the customer at Point Of Sale.
- Flights: Create a customer profile, shop for the flights, book them and issue the ticket (Reissue/Revalidation/Cancel/Refund all possible too).
- Connects to all backends of Online Booking Engines, including corporate booking tools.
- Even more exciting developments rolled out in the very near future.