Today, CarTrawler, leading global B2B provider of car rental and mobility solutions in the travel sector, released a report highlighting that airport mobility (how consumers travel to and from the airport) is a $70B market.
As the travel industry continues to navigate recovery and changing consumer demands, the report is based on an industry-first survey of 11,500 travelers, analyzing consumers’ airport mobility preferences and new ancillary revenue opportunities for the travel industry.
The report dives into:
- What airport mobility is and its current market size
- Pent up customer demand and why travelers are looking to their airlines and travel agencies for airport mobility options
- How travel companies can create a more seamless consumer experience
Some of the findings are:
- Over 50% of consumers consider buying airport mobility
- A significant pent-up demand is there but awareness and availability halt any next steps
- The travel industry has focused largely on car rental when it comes to airport mobility, but there is a larger consumer demand not being met
- The Airport Mobility Opportunity found 60% of airport journeys are made by either private car or rental car for North American travelers - yet only 44 of the top 100 airlines offer mobility options outside of car rentals.