UTRECHT, THE NETHERLANDS - Global travel management company BCD Travel will launch a new version of its later this month. Built from the ground up, the entirely new TripSource app leverages the latest mobile technology to deliver a rich and intuitive user interface. TripSource allows travelers to securely shop, book and manage all aspects of their trip experience directly from their mobile device.
“When we set out to build the next generation of TripSource, we knew we had the opportunity to produce some innovative new features that would offer travelers an even better user experience every step of the way, before, during and after their trip,” said Yannis Karmis, SVP Product Planning and Development for BCD Travel. “With over one million travelers using TripSource, the goal was to reimagine the app experience. The new app had to accommodate more functionality and scale for an ever-changing industry while maintaining the award-winning user experience, positive reviews and ratings that has made TripSource the leading TMC app.”
BCD engaged the help of a leading design and usability firm to embark on a next generation travel experience that would rival the best consumer apps on the market. After several months of intense research, design and development, the new TripSource experience was released to a subset of travelers to rave reviews.
“The TripSource mobile app is an extension of our TripSource traveler engagement platform and is the way we service travelers - from trip planning, booking and itineraries to duty of care and disruptions,” said Will Pinnell, VP Product Planning and Development. “Our continued investment in all aspects of TripSource highlights our commitment to the traveler experience and overall traveler satisfaction. Through TripSource, we are able to deliver a highly personalized booking and service experience, which increases loyalty to the travel program as well as to BCD Travel, as their trusted TMC.”
The new version of TripSource includes:
- Self-service features: In today’s digital world, travelers expect a variety of service options. The TripSource app allows travelers to self-book, cancel a trip and store receipts. If they require additional support, they can connect to an agent.
- Pre-trip planning and booking: A prominent part of the app experience, our planning and booking capabilities drive travellers to make smart and timely booking decisions.
- Improved design and navigation: The transition to a linear view of trip details allows travellers to scroll though their trip in timeline order, including flight details and status updates, hotel and rental car reservations, even dinners and meetings - with inline policy reminders, phone numbers and maps.
- Client branding & policy: Our customers have the option of co-branding the app with company logo and colors - and of customizing a mobile travel policy for quick reference on the road.
- New mobile development platform: By moving TripSource to a new development environment, we can introduce new features even faster and more frequently.
The new version of TripSource will be made available to all travelers in mid-July 2019 in over 113 countries and in 5 languages.