STEVENS POINT, WI - Berkshire Hathaway Travel Protection (BHTP), a leading provider of travel insurance, announced the launch of ExactCare Lite, a new comprehensive travel insurance that is tailored for road trip travelers. ExactCare Lite can protect non-refundable lodging reservations and attraction tickets, trip disruption caused by traffic accidents and can protect families with kids-included pricing.
“We anticipate road trips will lead the way in the leisure travel recovery with an emphasis on simplicity, safety and security,” said Dean Sivley, Head of BHTP. “We created ExactCare Lite to provide protection for drive vacations and mishaps most likely to occur on road trips. As BHTP’s first domestic-only coverage plan, travelers can now enjoy their first trip back with ease.”
ExactCare Lite coverage includes:
- Coverage for trip cancellation, including cancel for work reasons, for up to $500 per person
- Coverage for trip interruption, including in the event of a traffic accident, for up to $750 per person
- Up to $100,000 in medical evacuation coverage
- Up to $10,000 in emergency travel medical expense coverage
- Up to $10,000 in accidental death & dismemberment
- 24/7 global travel assistance available via phone or email for travel and medical emergencies
- Kids-included pricing for one child age 17 or less per insured adult
Well-known for its revolutionary travel insurance products and services, BHTP also provides travelers with an easy “pic-and-a-click” claims process and expedited payments for travel disruptions via BHTP Burst. As BHTP’s first plan designed as a domestic-only travel insurance policy, ExactCare Lite is designed for trips that are at least 100 miles from the traveler’s home and this product is available in 40 states.