BRUSSELS - European Airport body ACI Europe has announced a bold programme line up for its Annual Congress and General Assembly – its first in-person event for the airport industry since the pandemic struck. Taking place on 26 and 27 October in Geneva, and hosted by Geneva Airport in their new long-haul terminal, the event will also be available live-streamed to meet demand.
Carrying the theme of “Restart, restore, reimagine” and focussing on how airports can transition from disruption to transformation, programme highlights include:
- The Big Debate: The Future of Travel bringing together not just aviation voices but Google, Expedia and Tui Group to challenge our preconceptions and traditional thinking, including an exclusive interview with Google’s Head of Industry Retail
- In the Hot Seat with the European Commission’s DG CLIMA on what the decarbonisation agenda means for airports
- The latest data, projections and future trends as The State of the Industry address lays bare a challenging year
- An unflinching look at just who pays for aviation’s sustainable vision in a Head-to-Head between airports, airlines, energy suppliers and regulators
- A deep-dive into the airport business in the Airport Leaders’ Symposium
- Air connectivity and route development in the spotlight as the network emerges from the devastating impacts of the pandemic
Away from the stage, the Geneva gathering will also feature the Gala Dinner, showcasing the Best Airport Awards for 2021, and a range of networking opportunities as the industry reconnects. Online participants will be able to follow award and event highlights as the Congress unfolds.
Olivier Jankovec, Director General of ACI Europe, said: “The opportunity to meet in person is finally here. There really is no substitute for the face-to-face interaction that this event will make possible, thanks to our hosts at Geneva Airport. And for those who may not yet be able to travel, we will ensure that our streamed experience is the next best thing.
The topic and speaker line-up we’re announcing today is deliberately provocative, looking at familiar topics from a challenging angle. We cannot embrace our future – be it financial, environmental, operational, societal - without tackling a changed landscape from a different perspective. I’m delighted to bring together speakers from diverse platforms with representatives from our industry to share thinking on what lies ahead.”