MIAMI - In preparation for its Space Coast debut this spring, the 130,000-ton Carnival Magic will undergo an extensive multi-million-dollar dry dock that will add a variety of exciting dining and bar innovations, including Guy's Burger Joint, RedFrog Rum Bar, BlueIguana Tequila Bar, Pizzeria del Capitano and the Alchemy Bar.
Currently sailing from Galveston, Texas, Carnival Magic will reposition to Port Canaveral, Fla., in April 2016 to begin year-round Caribbean departures from that port.
"Carnival Magic is already a groundbreaking ship – it was the first to feature our popular Cucina del Capitano Italian restaurant, the Caribbean-themed RedFrog Pub and SportSquare outdoor recreation facility – and with these new features we're making this spectacular floating resort even better," said Christine Duffy, president of Carnival Cruise Line. "Following this extensive refurbishment, Carnival Magic will offer even more exciting on-board choices for travel agents to market to their clients," she added.
The two-week dry dock will take place from Feb. 21 to March 6, 2016, and will add exciting new spaces, including:
- Guy's Burger Joint: a free-of-charge poolside venue developed in partnership with Food Network personality Guy Fieri serving hand-crafted burgers and fresh-cut fries in an atmosphere that celebrates the chef's California roots and love of car culture
- RedFrog Rum Bar: a poolside bar offering the quintessential Caribbean vacation vibe with refreshing Caribbean rum-based frozen drinks and beers, including Carnival's own ThirstyFrog Red
- BlueIguana Tequila Bar: a fun and festive outdoor watering hole offering a laid-back Mexican-themed atmosphere and tequila-based frozen drinks and beers, perfect for chillin' by the pool
- Pizzeria del Capitano: an expansion of the line's Cucina del Capitano family-style Italian eatery offering five varieties of hand-tossed artisanal-style pizza, all available free of charge 24 hours a day
- Alchemy Bar: a vintage-themed cocktail "pharmacy" that's the go-to spot for guests seeking a unique experience with mixologists who "prescribe" concoctions from different elixirs and ingredients or guests' own custom-created cocktails.
The ship also offers a variety of family-friendly options, including expansive modern spaces for kids in three age groups: Camp Ocean (ages 2-11), Circle "C" (12-14) and Club O2 (15-17), along with Seuss at Sea, part of the line's exclusive partnership with Dr. Seuss Enterprises.
Carnival Magic will continue its seven-day schedule from Galveston through April 10, 2016 then reposition to Port Canaveral to launch year-round seven-day Caribbean cruises beginning April 23, 2016. Prior to launching its new seven-day schedule from Port Canaveral, Carnival Magic will operate a special three-day cruise to Nassau April 20-23, 2016.
Carnival Magic will offer two distinctly different week-long itineraries from the Space Coast – a western Caribbean route featuring Cozumel, Belize, Mahogany Bay (Isla Roatan) and Costa Maya; and an eastern Caribbean option calling at St. Thomas, San Juan, Grand Turk and Nassau or Amber Cove.