WASHINGTON, D.C. – The Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority, along with MarketPlace Development, the concessions program manager at Washington Dulles International Airport and Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport, are proud to announce their Customer Service Excellence Award winners for 2019.
“Their dedication to providing the best service to travelers and customers alike is essential to our mission of delivering a world class travel experience for every passenger who visits the Washington airports.” said Paul McGinn, President of Marketplace Development. “Their dedication to providing the best service to travelers and customers alike has helped us define our mission and truly sets us apart in such a competitive industry.”
Awards were presented to Dulles International and Reagan National Airport retailers, quick-service food operators, and restaurateurs at the sixth annual, year-end merchant meeting held at Udvar-Hazy Smithsonians National Air and Space Museum in Chantilly, VA, on November 14, 2019.
“Year after year, the role of customer service continues to play a more important role in business operations,” said Deven Judd, Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority, Director of Customer & Concessions Development. “We are thrilled to be honoring our concessionaires, as they are leading by example and making real progress on improving the overall passenger experience.”
The 2019 Excellence in Customer Service Awards winners are listed below:
Dulles International Airport
- Merchant of the Year | Vino Volo (A Paradies Lagardère Company)
- Best Retail Customer Service | Brookstone (Brookstone IAD T-B, LLC)
- Best Restaurant Customer Service | Vino Volo (A Paradies Lagardère Company)
- Best Retail Merchandising Unit or Kiosk Customer Service | Travel Tech (Travel Tech, LLC)
- Best Newsstand Customer Service | Stellar News - Gate B50 (Host International/Stellar Partners)
- Best Food Customer Service | Pei Wei (Paradies-DCA 2014 (F&B), LLC/Paradies Lagardère/BZB International, LLC)
- Best Customer Service Score Increase from 2018 | Be Right Burger (CI/MBC-DC Metro, LLC/Concessions International/MBC Concessions)
- Best Overall Operations | Hudson News (HG-National JV/Hudson Group/Newburns Management Group, LLC and The Jarvis Company, LLC )
Reagan National Airport
- Merchant of the Year | El Centro, D.F. (Grace Concessions, LLC)
- Best Retail Customer Service | Brighton (Paradies Lagardere/BZB International, Inc.)
- Best Restaurant Customer Service | U Street Pub (Paradies Lagardère/BZB International, Inc.)
- Best Retail Merchandising Unit or Kiosk Customer Service | Elsen Oils (Elsen Oils, LLC)
- Best Newsstand Customer Service | Lickety Split (Crews DCA, LLC/Crews of California, Inc./SAS Management, Inc./Nicholas & Associates, LLC/RC3 Enterprises, LLC)
- Best Food Customer Service | Bens Chili Bowl (MSK, Inc.)
- Best Customer Service Score Increase from 2018 | Page (OTG DCA Venture II, LLC)
- Best Overall Operations | TUMI (Tumi Stores, Inc.)
The Customer Service Excellence Awards were created to reward airport establishments for outstanding performance in both operations and customer service. Merchants are eligible for award consideration on the basis of MarketPlace Development’s customer service mystery shopper program performance, participation in leadership development training seminars, and analysis of operational performance. This year, nearly all winners were certified Airport Concessions Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (ACDBE).