And for many this means planning how they will be dropped off as well as picked up from the airport – these responsibilities will undoubtedly fall to a family member or close friend.
But what will it cost them to do so?
Holiday transfer specialists Taxi2Airport.com have found out what it will cost for an hour of parking* at the busiest airport in each of Europe’s 28 countries.
- Taxi2Airport found that Stockholm-Arlanda Airport in Sweden has the most expensive parking for an hour at 9.28 euros/£8.01
- Thereafter, Heathrow Airport in the UK has the next most costly charge for an hour of parking at 8.69 euros/£7.50
- In third position, parking at Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport in France is 8.00 euros/£6.90 for an hour.
- Henri Coanda Airport in Romania has the cheapest rate for an hour of parking at a mere 1.26 euros/£1.09
- The other two airports with a charge of under 2.00 euros for an hour of parking is Sofia Airport (Bulgaria - 1.53 euros/£1.32) and Vilnius Airport (Lithuania - 1.80 euros/£1.55).
When comparing the highest and lowest price for an hour of parking – the rate set by Stockholm-Arlanda Airport (Sweden - 9.28 euros/£8.01) is seven times higher when compared to that of Henri Coanda Airport (Romania - 1.26 euros/£1.09).
Please see below the table, which provides the price for an hour of parking at the busiest airport in each of Europe’s 28 countries:
* One hour of parking was selected as it provides a sufficient amount of time to drop-off or collect family and/or friends without having to rush
* All 28 countries included within this research are EU member states