In this modern era, almost everyone loves to visit places all around the world and want to learn more about the cultures of other countries. Being a tourist, one must know the policies, rules and regulations of other countries. There is a huge difference between the cultures and rules of the motherland and any other international country. One of the most important policies to know about is the international driver’s license policy.
The driving license is always required whenever you are travelling, whether in your hometown or any other country. But you have to get an international license to roam about in international places because the national driving license is not valid in other countries. So, for the sake of safe and legal driving, you can get your international driver's license from the International drivers association. It is a very secure and known platform to get this license.
Aside from that, you can also learn more about the restricted license which you can use for business and educational purposes. Know the FAQ around hardship license here.
IDP (international driving permit)
The need for international driving got attention when the questions about driving your vehicle in international countries arose. IDP is a document you must provide because there is no way to rent a car without it in other countries. An IDP contains your photo and personal information. Almost 150 plus countries allow this international driving permit. Most of the governments may not demand it but the agencies you rent cars from, definitely demand it. You won’t face any language trouble too because IDP holds your details in 12 languages.
Before you take the CDL exam in your state, you’ll want to prepare as much as possible. To get ready for these CDL practice test, start with this general study guide, which includes answers to frequently asked questions about the CDL exam process.
The best part is that it is a united nation's legal permit, and it runs freely. It is mostly required when you encounter cops. While driving in other countries, the following documents are needed:
- International driver’s permit
- Vehicle proof
- The ministry of transport test must be current.
- Documents of travel insurance if you have any
Instructions for getting an IDP:
- You can get IDP in just minutes, or it can take weeks. It just depends on the country and the authorities.
- Only 18 years old plus can get the license. But in some countries, 20 years olds are allowed to have it.
- Avoid scanning the photograph. Only original photographs are required.
- You can get an international driver license only if you have your national driving license. Otherwise, your application would not be entertained.
- The IDP is valid for one to three years.
- IDP is valid until you are 70 years old. After that, you have to change your license.
- The cost to get an IDP is about $49.
How to get an IDP?
It is not difficult to get an IDP. You can get it by post or online. The procedure to get an online IDP is easy and saves time as you don’t have to travel to get it. It takes only about 6 hours to get the IDP. The following things are required to get your IDP:
- Your recent passport size photo
- Your current driving license
- Let them know which country you are going to visit. It will help to create a correct IDP.
- Make sure that they have stamped correctly.
- Ta-da! Your IDP is ready for you!