MIAMI, FL – The Global Wellness Summit (GWS), the foremost gathering of international leaders in the multitrillion-dollar global wellness economy, announced the list of finalists for its inaugural “Call for Wellness Innovations” contest. The winner will be announced tomorrow, Tuesday, November 10, during the 14th annual hybrid GWS taking place both in person at The Breakers Palm Beach and worldwide via a Virtual Access Package November 8–11, 2020.
“The level of global submissions for our first-ever innovation competition was extraordinary and reflects the accelerated activity we’ve seen throughout the wellness industry in 2020,” said Nancy Davis, GWS chief creative officer and executive director. “We thank WellTech1 for partnering with us on this journey and tip our hats to the impressive group of international CEOs, business leaders and VCs in the wellness space who took the final 12 competitors through their paces to determine the winner.”
Said innovation judge Hadas Spektor, head of lifestyle and wellness at Facebook Israel: “If 2020 has taught us anything, it’s that we need to prioritize our health and wellbeing. In this competition, I had the privilege of meeting the innovators who are spearheading this much-needed mindset shift. After hearing their vision of the future, I’m sure it won’t be long before some of the innovations they showcased will be seamlessly integrated into our lifestyles, making living healthy much easier, more affordable, and even fun.”
2020 Wellness Innovation Contest Finalists:
- Amai – proteins developed for the mass food market, the first being a healthy, tasty, sustainable and environmentally friendly sweetener.
- Amkiri - revolutionary ink that carries a signature scent that is painted on over artistic stencils, creating a scented tattoo.
- Biohacking ORB - touchless, self-administered, personalized wellness experiences and evidence-based modalities designed to enhance spirit/mood and improve body and mind performance.
- Bryte - technology platform that measures, learns and applies what each sleeper needs for improving the quantity and quality of restorative sleep.
- FitV - a home fitness app providing real-time voice and image feedback using AI technology and advanced computer vision algorithms.
- Kai - AI-powered wellness companion that teaches people skills to live a happier and more fulfilled life.
- Metaco Workplaces - transforming hospitality, residential, corporate and public outdoor spaces into immersive work environments focused on people’s wellbeing.
- Ognomy - the first app to shift the entire diagnostic and treatment process of sleep apnea from a clinical setting to the home.
- RunGo - reinventing how we navigate the world using our feet and technology.
- Virtualeap - combining neuroscience and virtual reality to help increase attention levels and address cognitive illnesses, disorders and learning challenges.
- Vision Livfit - an immersive, science-backed, wellbeing system that protects health, boosts fitness, builds immunity, and reverses chronic ailments to enhance the quality of life and happiness.
- Well World TV - a modern online TV network sharing inspirational and educational stories to help you live a healthier and happier life.
Another innovation judge, Victor Koo, chairman at Heyi Holdings and co-founder of Tianren Culture, said, “The creativity, innovation and international representation in the ‘Call for Wellness Innovations’ competition was a breath of fresh air and a positive sign that, despite, or perhaps because of, the ongoing global pandemic, companies are adapting and building solutions to the issues we are all facing during this time.”
In addition, the GWS is featuring its first-ever Tech Innovation Pavilion, sponsored by WellTech1, and the following companies will display their latest innovations.
- Bryte Labs: maker of the first science-based, purpose-built sleep experience, was founded to solve the modern crisis of sleep.
- eMindful: evidence-based mindfulness programs applied to everyday life and chronic conditions.
- Gharieni Group: leading manufacturer of high-quality treatment tables and equipment for spa, beauty and wellness.
- Healthe Inc.: the global leader in developing high-tech lighting solutions that sanitize and protect people and indoor spaces.
- OsteoStrong: a unique biohack and system for developing skeletal strength.
- Pantheryx: a leading nutrition and biotechnology company committed to the global commercialization of bovine colostrum-based health and wellness solutions.
- PNOE: the first affordable clinical-grade metabolic analyzer, offering a 360-degree view of metabolic, heart, lung and cellular fitness in 10 minutes.
- PureWave Energy: a leader in Bioenergetics, the science of how energy is transferred in cells, tissues and organs.
- Technogym: known as "The Wellness Company,” Technogym helped develop the concept of "fitness" into a complete wellness lifestyle.
- The Biostation: a new, individualized, scientific approach to age management and total wellness for men and women. Therabody: formerly Theragun, Therabody provides effective, natural, whole-body wellness solutions to help people feel better.
"Wellness solutions and technologies that can enhance the health and wellbeing of people have gone from a 'nice to have' to a 'must have' over just the past few months,” said Paul Scialla, a judge and CEO and founder of Delos and founder of the International WELL Building Institute. “We're excited to see the continued innovation and leadership from organizations that are raising the bar on wellness across the globe.