One of the most eagerly anticipated sessions at the Future Hospitality Summit, taking place on Monday 26th October, live in Riyadh and virtually over the internet, will look at new technology that could allow the world to travel again. It is being moderated by David Tarsh, who recently co-founded OK2Roam, a pandemic management system for the travel industry, which enables the creation of reduced risk bubbles and travel corridors inside which people can move without the need for social distancing. He talks to three prominent individuals, each a leader in their field, working with new technologies to fight COVID-19.
Dangui Oduber, Minister of Tourism, Public Health and Sport of Aruba, will describe several innovations his country has successfully deployed to keep the tourists coming. According to ForwardKeys, international flight bookings for Aruba in Q4 are ahead of almost every other destination in the world.
Professor Alexander Kekulé, Director of the Institute for Biosecurity Research in Germany will give his candid opinion on vaccine development and an update on the most promising rapid tests to detect COVID-19.
Hans-Christian Boos, the other Co-Founder of OK2Roam, is one of Europe’s leading experts on artificial intelligence, a personal advisor to Angela Merkel on IT and founder of the group that figured out how best to do digital contact tracing, using mobile phones. He will identify which technologies show the greatest promise; explain why the Apple-Google system is flawed and describe his preferred high-tech solution to pandemic management, which is based on personal risk scoring.
The panel will also discuss the political challenges of championing new technology.
Other industry leaders taking part in the Summit include:
- H.E. Ahmed Al Khateeb, Minister of Tourism, Saudi Arabia
- H.E. Khalid Al-Falih, Minister of Investment, Saudi Arabia
- Keith Barr, CEO, InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG)
- Sébastien Bazin, Chairman & CEO, Accor
- Arnold W. Donald, President & CEO, Carnival Corporation & PLC
- Federico J. González, CEO, Radisson Hotel Group
- Gloria Guevara Manzo, CEO & President, World Travel & Tourism Council (WTTC)
- Christopher J. Nassetta, President & CEO, Hilton
- Arne M. Sorenson, President & CEO, Marriott International
- And dozens more of a similar calibre.
The Future Hospitality Summit will bring together the global leaders of the industry to map a new direction for the sector and build a brighter future for stakeholders at every level. It is being organised by the Ministry of Tourism, Saudi Arabia and G20 Saudi Secretariat as part of The International Conferences Program, honouring the G20 Saudi presidency year 2020.