SEATTLE, WASH. - Following a series of four cruises to Greece in summer 2021, Holland America Line’s Eurodam will assume the previously scheduled cruises of Westerdam that span the Mediterranean. From Sept. 12 through its Oct. 30 transatlantic departure, Eurodam will offer five 12-day itineraries roundtrip from Venice, Italy; between Venice and Piraeus (Athens), Greece; Venice and Barcelona, Spain; or from Barcelona to Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Bookings open Thursday, May 27, for these cruises.
Guests who were booked on Westerdam cruises automatically will be rebooked on the same departure date aboard Eurodam in a comparable stateroom. As a Signature Class vessel, Eurodam has a slightly larger capacity and will be able to accommodate all Westerdam guests (Eurodam 2,104; Westerdam 1,964).
Holland America Line previously announced Eurodam would restart cruising in the Mediterranean Aug. 15, 2021, and offer three seven-day departures roundtrip from Piraeus and one seven-day cruise from Piraeus to Venice.
Mediterranean Cruise Itineraries (all cruises are 12 days):
- Sept. 12: Venice; Zadar and Hvar, Croatia; Kotor, Montenegro; Argostólion, Crete, Rhodes (overnight), Mykonos and Piraeus (overnight), Greece.
- Sept. 24: Piraeus; Istanbul (overnight) and Kusadasi (Ephesus), Turkey; Sarandë, Albania; Dubrovnik, Korcula and Rijeka, Croatia; Koper, Slovenia; Venice (overnight).
- Oct. 6: Venice; Katakolon (Olympia), Piraeus, Rhodes (overnight), Santorini and Crete, Greece; Kotor; Korcula; Venice (overnight).
- Oct. 18: Venice (overnight); Dubrovnik; Kotor; Corfu and Katakolon, Greece; Naples, Civitavecchia (Rome), and Livorno (Pisa/Florence), Italy; Cannes and Marseille (Provence), France; Barcelona.
- Oct. 30: Barcelona, Cartagena, Malaga (Granada) and Cadiz (Seville), Spain; Lisbon, Portugal; Funchal, Madeira; Ponta Delgada, Azores; Fort Lauderdale.
The 12-day cruises can be combined to form epic 24-day Collectors’ Voyages that offer in-depth exploration of the region. The Mediterranean itineraries were designed to offer nonrepeating ports on back-to-back itineraries to enable guests to visit more ports and more countries on one extended voyage. Booking a Collectors’ Voyage represents a significant savings off booking the two itineraries separately.
Immediately following the transatlantic crossing, Eurodam is expected to begin its scheduled Caribbean season of cruises roundtrip from Fort Lauderdale. From November 2021 through March 2022, guests can embark on seven-, 10- and 11-day itineraries that explore the eastern, southern and tropical Caribbean, as well as partial Panama Canal cruises that spend a day on Gatun Lake.
Cruise and Stay Healthy
These Holland America Line cruises in 2021 to the Mediterranean are available for guests who have received their final dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to the beginning of the cruise and have proof of vaccination.
Holland America Line guests will be required to comply with all health and safety protocols in place at the time of departure for travel to and from the ship, as well as all onboard protocols and procedures for visiting ports. Travelers are encouraged to regularly check hollandamerica.com since updates will be posted as new procedures are finalized and existing protocols evolve.
Full details, including information on shore excursions, are being finalized and will be shared in the coming weeks at hollandamerica.com. Attractive airfares will be available through Holland America Line’s FlightEase program. Flexible cancellation terms, including COVID-19 Protections, are offered through “Book with Confidence” when booked by June 30, 2021, for sailings through Dec. 31, 2021. The cruise line’s Cancellation Protection Plan allows cancellation up to 24 hours in advance of departure.
Holland America Line Captures the Aloha Spirit of Hawaii and Mexico’s Vibrant Culture on 2022-2023 Cruises
Travelers can also explore both regions on roundtrip sailings from San Diego, California, aboard Pinnacle Class Koningsdam during the 2022-2023 season, now open for booking.
Beginning in October 2022 through March 2023, guests can embark on a “Mexican Riviera” or “Circle Hawaii” getaway between five and 18 days. Two back-to-back itineraries can be combined for a 24- or 25-day “Circle Hawaii and Mexican Riviera Collectors’ Voyage” for the ultimate tropical getaway. Both regions feature a wealth of cultural experiences, immersion into nature and authentically distinct cuisine.
Highlights of the 2022-23 Mexico Cruise Season:
- All Mexico cruises are roundtrip from San Diego.
- All seven-day “Mexican Riviera” cruises feature three Mexican ports of call: Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlán and Cabo San Lucas.
- One special five-day cruise departs Dec. 17 and calls at Ensenada and Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.
- A nine-day New Year’s Holiday cruise departing Dec. 29 explores the Sea of Cortez and calls at the Mexican ports of Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlán, Cabo San Lucas, Pichilingue (La Paz) and Loreto.
Highlights of the 2022-23 Hawaii Cruise Season:
- Hawaii cruises sail roundtrip from San Diego with the exception of two departures that are roundtrip from Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
- “Circle Hawaii” cruises range from 16 to 18 days:
- 16- and 18-day roundtrip from Vancouver with calls at Lahaina, Hilo, Honolulu (overnight) and Nawiliwili. 18-day also stops at Kona.
- 17-day calls at Lahaina, Hilo, Honolulu, Nawiliwili and Kona, Hawaii, and Ensenada, Mexico.
- 18-day calls at Lahaina, Hilo, Honolulu (overnight), Nawiliwili, Kona and Ensenada, Mexico.
- The overnight call at Honolulu allows guests extra time to visit Pearl Harbor, relax on Waikiki Beach, take in the breathtaking views from Diamond Head State Monument or spend the evening enjoying traditional Hawaiian food and entertainment at an authentic luau.
Mexico and Hawaii itineraries can be combined for the ultimate exploration of the two regions. The 24-day “Circle Hawaii and Mexican Riviera Collectors’ Voyage” departing Jan. 7, 2023, sails roundtrip from San Diego and calls at Lahaina, Hilo, Honolulu, Nawiliwili, Kona, Ensenada, Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlán and Cabo San Lucas, with an additional call at San Diego during the cruise. The 25-day option departing Jan. 31, 2023, adds an overnight at Honolulu.