“Destination of the Month” is a “how to sell” special column which aims to fulfil the travel agents need of information. Tourism Authorities can give useful hints and tips that will help a travel agent to better sell the destination and as well as enlighten him with the pros and cons that he needs to know to better inform its customers.
If you would like to participate in the “Destination of the Month” column please contact: Mr Michael Verikios [email protected] and complete the following questionnaire together .
Introduction: Short profile (+history) of the destination and its strategy in tourism.
- How to Access (Distances, Airports, airlines, rail, road…)
- Unique Selling Points (Attractions, Nature, landmarks, differentiator factors …)
- Marketing Ideas (Segmentation of the tourist product and selling tips, ie: the destination is ideal for bird watching… selling tips: a)….. , b)…… , etc)
- What to Avoid (Weaknesses ie: destination is not suitable for..., don't expect to find..., “avoid…”)
- Types of Accommodation (Hotels and other unique lodging types, standards, classification system, architecture, etc)
- How to move around and where to go (Local transport, tickets, gastronomy, shopping, etc)
- Festivals & Events (important cultural or other type of events, exhibitions, congresses worth to visit)
- Seasonality & Climate (High / low season, best/worst period)
- Looking into the Future (Tourist Development, future plans, Threats, opportunities)
- Who to contact (Tourism Authorities, Organisations, Associations… etc)
In a nutshell: Summary in bullet points