The safety and well-being of our passengers and crew is aviation’s highest priority. The release of the 2021 Safety Report by IATA is a reminder that even as aviation faces its deepest crisis, we are committed to making aviation even safer.
The 58th edition of the Annual Safety Report (2021), is a comprehensive review and analysis of the industry’s 2021 safety performance. It presents an in-depth examination of both global and regional accident statistics, including:
- Essential review and insight into global and regional accident rates and contributing factors
- Accident Classification Task Force (ACTF) determined actions with recommendations, guidelines and measures aimed at preventing accidents.
- Regional overview of the safety metrics and corresponding activities for targeted risk management
- Essential Insight into the aggregate performance of airlines on the IATA Operational Safety Audit (IOSA) registry
The report highlights a strong improvement in several areas compared to 2020 and to 2017-2021. It also shows:
- Reductions in the total number of accidents, the all-accident rate and fatalities
- No fatal accidents among airlines on the IATA Operational Safety Audit (IOSA) registry
- No runway/taxiway excursion and ground damage accidents, for the first time in at least 15 years.