The ICCA UK & Ireland Chapter’s conference took place Monday and Tuesday this week at the ICC Birmingham, attended by a record-breaking number of delegates from venues, destinations, suppliers and PCOs from across the UK and beyond.
The conference was titled “Navigating Uncertainty – On So Many Levels”, reflecting the challenges faced by the industry, now and in the future. It was an opportunity to gather and reflect on past successes, but most importantly to look to the future on both an individual and organisational level. This included a wealth of content from industry leading speakers with a constant message that success in the future includes a deep focus on legacy and wellness.
The conference is the largest ICCA UK & Conference to date, attended by over 110 people, including more that 30 first time attendees.
The conference was moderated by Patrick Delaney from and included sessions from the following:
- Keynote - Sandy Kennedy, Entrepreneurial Optimist. The Commonwealth Games: Once in a Generation... Hosting a major global event and bringing home the benefits - Introduced by Steve Knight, Senior Business Tourism Manager, West Midlands Growth Company with:
- Ian Metcalfe, Commonwealth Games England
- Ian Reid, Commonwealth Games England
- Sian Roberts, West Midlands Growth Company
- The State of the Nation: Recovery levels, future forecasting, global tourism trends and the future of travel - Tracy Halliwell, London & Partners.
- Hybrid Events: The Importance of Diversity, Inclusion, and Accessibility - Johnny D Martinez, ShockLogic
- Green Meetings - A Partnership Approach to Net Zero - Scott MacLean, Managing Director, Green Tourism
- Finding Your Headspace / Keeping Your Headspace - Jack Owens, Failte Ireland; Adam Baggs, Soaring Worldwide
- Ambassador Conference Bidding: You win some, you lose some - Introduced by Sandra Eyre, Senior Account Manager, ICC Birmingham with:
- John Paddington, Transport for West Midlands (TfWM)
- Lisa Wainwright MBE, CEO Sports and Recreation Alliance (SRA)
- Inclusion, What it Really Means - Amanda Scott, Compass Group
- Make Your Story Count! - George McLean, The Complete Works
Diane Waldron, chair of the ICCA UK & Ireland commented: “Seeing such a significant growth in attendance is testament to the hard work our chapter continues to do as we support each other both personally and as organisations. Thank you to Birmingham for their incredible hospitality throughout the event as well as Levy UK for their ongoing support. The speakers demonstrated the importance of legacy and wellbeing through all the sessions, and I am sure everyone in attendance left with new ideas, connections and opportunities for their business.”
The event was organised in partnership with ICC Birmingham, and the West Midlands Growth Company.
The 2023 ICCA UK & Ireland Conference will be held in Glasgow from 30-31 March 2023.
ICCA UK & Ireland is sponsored by Levy UK.