Every year, LuggageHero creates a report showcasing mishandled luggage by US airlines. Since the world slowly started opening up, there has of course been a lot more travel in 2021 than in 2020, and we can see that reflected in the higher number of bags that have been mishandled this year.
- 692,884 mishandled bags in the first half of 2021
- Mishandled luggage has improved by 1,1% compared to the first six months of 2020
- Allegiant Air takes the best care of luggage for the third year in a row
- Envoy Air overtakes American Airlines as the worst airline to be in charge of handling luggage for the first half of 2021
- April was the safest month for handling luggage, while June was the worst month