Due to falling case number of COVID-19, the destination of Madeira has relaxed some of its restrictions:
Trips from UK and other countries to Madeira and Porto Santo or inter-island trips
- There are no restrictions for travellers and testing is not required, but all should register on madeirasafe.com prior to arrival.
Use of face masks
- The mandatory use of a protective mask remains, as a rule, for everyone, from the age of six, in open or closed spaces, whenever the recommended physical distance is not possible.
Access to restaurants, bars and similar, clubs, gyms, and sports, cultural, social or recreational activities
- Those who have started or completed the vaccination programme or possess a Recovery Certificate will be asked to present it
- Those who do not have an initial vaccination program or a Recovery Certificate - From the age of 5 years onwards, should present a COVID-19 test, with a negative result, carried out in the last seven days, at their own expense.
Patients with COVID-19
- Mandatory confinement for a period of five days, at your home or in the hotel establishment where you are staying, at your own expense, returning to the community on the 6th day. If you do not show symptoms, there is no need to carry out a COVID-19 test.
- It is recommended to visitors and the population to continue to use of the web app, to contribute to monitoring the pandemic in the region, in collaboration with the health authorities. It is also a tool for obtaining declarations and certificates related to the Covid-19 disease.
- Testing for returning to the country of origin is at the visitors’ own expenses.
- Testing is only advised if there are symptoms, including high temperature (=/+38ºC), vaccinated or not. In these cases, testing is free of charge.
Complementary measures to prevent COVID-19
- There is an appeal addressed everyone that the health regulations are maintained, namely, the social distance of 1.5 meters, hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette.