Messukeskus Helsinki, Expo and Convention Centre will impose the COVID-19 passport at its spring trade fair events immediately if the Regional State Administrative Agency limits the number of participants in public events. The Helsinki Metropolitan Area Covid-19 coordination group recommended to the Regional State Administrative Agency of Southern Finland restrictions in public events held indoors. The Regional State Administrative Agency is expected to take a position on the matter in the coming days.
On Monday 29 November, Helsinki Metropolitan Area COVID-19 coordination group recommended to the Regional State Administrative Agency of Southern Finland that the number of participants in indoor public events in the Helsinki Metropolitan Area should be limited to 20 persons. If the Regional State Administrative Agency decides on restrictions in public events, it is possible to introduce the COVID-19 passport immediately at the spring events at Messukeskus.
The COVID-19 passport makes it possible to organise events
Under current law, the COVID-19 passport (EU’s digital COVID-19 certificate) can be imposed at public events only when events are subject to official restrictions.
- The COVID-19 passport lifts restrictions and allows us to organize trade fairs and other events in full and safely. We are ready to continue using the COVID-19 passport in all our spring events for as long as restrictions are imposed and a COVID-19 passport is required. We monitor the situation closely and react to changes if necessary, says Anni Vepsäläinen, CEO at Messukeskus.
Preparations for the spring events continue in full force
The spring programme of Messukeskus is more intense than ever. The events organised by Messukeskus and its subsidiary Expomark at Messukeskus in spring 2022 are:
- Real Estate, FinnSec, Turvallisuus Expo and AudioVisual Expo 12.-13.1.
- Matka Nordic Travel Fair 20.-23.1. and Caravan 21.-23.1.
- Educa 28.-29.1.
- MP 22 Motorcycle Show 4.-6.2.
- The Helsinki Boat Show 11.-20.2.
- GoExpo and Photo, Video & Sound 4.-6.3.
- Gastro Helsinki 16.-18.3.
- PacTec, FoodTec and PlastExpo Nordic 16.-17.3.
- PulPaper, ChemBio Finland and Helsinki Chemicals Forum 29.-31.3.
- Spring Fair and Local & Organic Food 7.-10.4.
- Child fair, Pet Friends and OutletExpo 22.-24.4.
- Technology 22 event 3.-5.5.
- Maxpo 5.-7.5. (organised at Hyvinkää Airfield)
- Apuväline fair for assistive technology and accessibility 11.-13.5.