Traveling solo has become the new normal for many singles and is popular among all age groups. To learn more about solo travelers and their many adventures, VacationRenter surveyed 1,000 solo travelers, here’s what they found:
- The most popular U.S. cities among solo travelers are NYC, Chicago & LA
- The U.S. cities where solo travelers feel the safest are NYC, Washington D.C., and Austin. The foreign countries they feel the safest are Canada and England
- Over 4 in 10 solo travelers use social media to research travel safety when planning a vacation, citing Reddit (27%), Facebook (23%), and Instagram (17%)
- On average, a novice solo traveler saved $1,253 a year for solo travel, while an advanced one saved $2,059
- The top 3 character traits overall that were learned from traveling solo are communication (45%), friendliness (43%) and resourcefulness (42%)
Vacation travel is slowly returning to pre-pandemic levels as people finally take long-awaited trips they’ve postponed.