ACAPULCO, MEXICO - Mundo Imperial Entertainment & Hospitality announces its newest hotel XIXIM Mundo Imperial, opening this fall with a blend of total wellness immersion and all-inclusive comfort in the lush biosphere reserve of Celestun, Yucatan.
XIXIM Mundo Imperial will surround guests in a Mayan-inspired experience of the senses, featuring amenities like a wellness dome, temazcal, and surrounded by lush nature. The resort will open with 32 suites available for reservations beginning this fall. Each suite will be set within a cabin with traditional palm-thatched roofs and feature a terrace with hammocks overlooking the ocean.
“XIXIM Mundo Imperial represents a milestone for Mundo Imperial as we elevate our experiences across Mexico, and we’re eager to welcome guests to this exciting concept,” said Seyed Rezvani, Managing Director at Mundo Imperial Entertainment & Hospitality. “It’s important to continue advancing our tourism offerings and serving the needs of today’s travelers, from our dedication to inclusivity to our emphasis on sustainability.”
The announcement is part of the exciting updates from Mundo Imperial shared during this week’s annual Tianguis Turistico, Mexico’s most important travel trade show, in Acapulco. Mundo Imperial shared significant developments across its hotels, including:
1. Queer Destinations - Mundo Imperial is now the first Mexican hotel chain to earn the Committed Entity certification from Queer Destinations, the leading international LGBTQ+ tourism organization. Recognized by the International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association (IGLTA), this honor confirms that the company has undergone Queer Destinations’ “hospitality meets diversity” educational program for best practices and readily accommodates the LGTBQ+ traveler segment across its properties.
2. WAYAM Mundo Imperial in Merida, Yucatan, and Pierre Mundo Imperial in Acapulco’s Riviera Diamante, have both been ranked as Trip Advisor Traveler’s Choice properties. These annual rankings are based on millions of reviews from TripAdvisor travelers around the world, listing the world’s best hotels, destinations, experiences, and beyond.
3. WAYAM Mundo Imperial will open its onsite spa this winter with a focus on Yucatan techniques, to offer a holistic experience combining the property’s blend of urban design and environmental principles.
4. Mundo Imperial has been recognized by the Centro Mexicano para la Filantropía (CEMEFI) as an Empresa Socialmente Responsable (socially responsible company). This annual distinction marks the company’s dedication to five areas:
1. Management of corporate social responsibility
2. Environmental awareness
3. Community development
4. Quality of life in the company
5. Company ethics