LONDON - The nominations to join the HSMAI Region Europe Board of Directors are open until 7 July, 2021. The 19 board members will be made up of senior management, marketers and academics working in the UK and European hospitality industry.
The successful candidates will join the President and CEO of HSMAI Region Europe, Ingunn Hofseth, and the newly elected Chair Michael Nowlis - an independent consultant and a former Associate Dean at Cornell Johnson Graduate School of Management.
Ingunn Hofseth comments: “This prestigious leadership opportunity is open to any HSMAI member in the UK and across Europe looking to be part of the team working on the strategic direction of the industry in the post-pandemic era as the hospitality industry embarks on its business recovery.
Whilst 60% of board positions are made up of those working directly in the hospitality industry in the region, HSMAI Region Europe is particularly keen to ensure the board is made up of a complementary mix and diverse backgrounds and careers. Above all, all the board members will be passionate about helping to drive our industry forward and flourish in 2022 and beyond.”
They will join the board members that are already elected to serve on the board:
- Paul Proctor, Vice President - Commercial Europe at InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG)
- Monique Jaspers - Wijn, Global Head of Data Insights & Digital Media Travelport at Travelport
- Per Griwell, VP Commercial / CCO, Business Development & Franchise at Thon Hotels
- Markus Keller, Senior VP Sales & Distribution at Accor
- Roberta Possenti, Vice President Europe at Preferred Hotels
- Guy Barnes, Area Vice President Growth, EMEA at IDeaS
- Michael Schaffner, VP Sales EMEA at Duetto
- Gino Angels, Co-founder and Chief Commercial Officer at OTA Insight
CEO & Board member at Foodback and Former Chair of HSMAI Region Europe and Chair of the Nomination Committee, Martin Jørgensen, announced: “We look forward to adding more people to the board later this summer and we will make sure we get a good balance of competence and gender. We are looking for individuals that can help us to continue to build on our strong culture on appreciative leadership.”
Michael Nowlis – newly elected Chair of the HSMAI Region Europe Board – commented: “As the global hospitality industry emerges from the most difficult period of the last half century, sales and marketing will be critical functions in restoring the sector to profitability. HSMAI Region Europe will play a leading role in driving industry renewal and growth. I am humbled to have been selected to chair the HSMAI board and support a talented executive team in these challenging but exciting times.”