- A new oneworld digital platform that will, as it is progressively rolled out, bring to life in the digital era the alliance’s core promise of seamless connectivity for customers flying on multi-sector, multi-airline journeys, via the convenience of their preferred member airline’s mobile app or website - without having to download any additional app or enter more log-in credentials. Through this platform, the member airlines are to offer the ability, via their own individual apps, for customers flying on any oneworld alliance partner to: Check-in, obtain their boarding pass, receive information and updates on their flight and track their baggage, in addition to other services that will be added in the future.
- An increased level of alliance co-location projects at a number of key airports around the world. Thus oneworld aims to bring its member airlines operating at all airports worldwide together under one roof and to smooth transfers for passengers connecting between different carriers’ flights. oneworld also have plans to unveil the first oneworld branded, developed and managed lounge later this year.
- A fresh approach to corporate sales, enabling oneworld to respond much faster to requests for alliance contracts, which currently generate US$ 1 billion a year for member airlines. Since trials of the new process began six months ago, revenues have risen 10 per cent. Dozens of the world’s biggest multinational corporations have signed corporate accounts with the alliance rather than a series of individual airline deals.
- A revised process for prospecting potential new members. The first airline to join as a result will be Royal Air Maroc, next year – oneworld’s first full member recruit for six years and its first from Africa.
- The alliance’s first new membership platform, oneworld connect – designed with smaller, more regional airlines in mind – with Fiji Airways’ entry as the first partner to join in this capacity to be completed by the end of next month. Talks are progressing with other airlines interested in signing, from the Americas, Europe and Asia-Pacific, enabling the alliance to spread its wings still further globally.
- These changes are reflected in a sweepingly different brand positioning for oneworld, encouraging passengers to “Travel Bright” – complete with a new oneworld.com website, both unveiled today. Travel Bright draws on engaging and energising characters and visuals set against a range of bright pastel colours to present the bright new oneworld - contemporary, warm and positive in its expression, with a look and feel reflecting the more energetic and positive millennial generation. It also features characters representing a full range of cultural, ethnical and age diversity.
At launch in 1999
Latest full year
Number of oneworld member airlines
13 + 1+11
Number of airlines in global alliances
Member airlines’ passenger revenue pa
US$ 38.9 billion
US$ 107.8 billion
US$ 1,380 billion
Interline revenues within alliance pa
Revenues from corporate sales managed by oneworld pa
Alliance fare product revenues pa
Destinations served by oneworld
Territories/countries served by oneworld
Daily departures by oneworld members
Passengers boarded by oneworld members pa
Total industry global passenger carryings pa