oneworld is to make it easier for frequent flyers to see where they can take advantage of the privileges the alliance offers them at airports, making their journeys on the ground smoother still.
Distinctive new oneworld “Priority” branding will highlight key touchpoints where the alliance’s benefits are offered to top tier frequent flyers – at check-in, fast tracks, lounges and boarding.
The new oneworld Priority logo will also feature the three oneworld frequent flyer gemstone tier status symbols – Emerald, Sapphire and Ruby – as appropriate, to enable these cardholders to identify quickly and easily where they are entitled to receive their special oneworld benefits.
The project will involve replacing signage at all 1,000 plus airports served by oneworld member airlines in 155 countries worldwide.
The first airport to receive the treatment is Australia’s Perth, where the new signs were due to be unveiled today. It will be followed by Sydney, Melbourne, Berlin Tegel and Dusseldorf in August, various gateways in the USA from September, and Doha and Amman in October.
All 125 of the top airports globally for business travellers, including all the alliance’s hubs, will feature oneworld Priority signage within a year. The roll out will be completed across all 1,000 plus airports on the oneworld network within the following 12 months.
oneworld CEO Bruce Ashby said: “We firmly believe that oneworld offers the most compelling range of alliance benefits for our most loyal customers. We also know that identifying where to take advantage of those privileges in often cluttered airport environments, particularly in unfamiliar surroundings, can sometimes be a challenge, even for the most frequent traveller.
“The new oneworld Priority signage is designed to overcome that. The message to our frequent flyers is simple - look for the oneworld Priority logo to see where your oneworld privileges are offered.
“This will smooth their journeys through airports around the world further still, while also improving awareness of the various benefits oneworld provides these most loyal customers, enabling oneworld to stand above its alliance competitors in this important part of the overall passenger journey.”
The new logo will appear on signage wherever key airport benefits are offered to the alliance’s top tier frequent flyers.
For oneworld Emerald tier card holders, this means:
- First Class or Business Class check-in desks, which they can use even when booked in Economy Class.
- Fast track through security checks at select airports.
- First Class, Business Class or frequent flyer lounges which they can use when flying internationally, even when not booked to fly in First or even Business Class. oneworld is the only global airline alliance to offer the use of First Class facilities to its highest tier frequent flyers.
- Priority boarding lines.
- Business Class check-in desks, which they can use even when booked in Economy Class.
- Business Class and frequent flyer lounges which they can use when flying internationally, even when booked in Economy Class.
- Priority boarding lines.
- Business Class check-in desks, which they can use even when booked to fly in Economy Class.
In addition to the airport privileges offered to oneworld frequent flyers, they can also earn and redeem rewards on oneworld member airlines and earn tier status points. They have access to preferred or pre-reserved seating and are given priority on waitlists and when on standby. Sapphire and Emerald cardholders receive additional check-in baggage allowances and priority baggage handling, as well.