PHOENIX - Honeywell has signed a partnership agreement with airline content management company IFP and its sister company, in-flight software development expert DTI, to launch a new HD audio-video on demand (AVOD) in-flight entertainment upgrade for Honeywell's Ovation Select cabin management system (CMS).
With the upgrade, passengers can enjoy a continually updated library of in-theater, new release and classic films as well as top independent and foreign films from major motion picture studios and distributors worldwide. IFP and DTI are wholly owned by Advanced Inflight Alliance (AIA), which is a subsidiary of Global Eagle Entertainment Inc.
The new HD AVOD option is now available to business aircraft operators as an easy-to-use upgrade to the current Ovation CMS.
In-Flight Wireless Entertainment
Ovation Select HD AVOD gives passengers new in-flight entertainment autonomy. Business fliers will now have access to films through permanently installed individual in-cabin controls and monitors, or wirelessly via personal entertainment devices such as iPads and iPhones. Features include the following:
- Comprehensive entertainment catalogue: The HD AVOD solution offers access to motion picture content provided by all the major studios as well as independent and international film distributors.
- Independent cabin control: Videos are available for simultaneous wired and/or wireless independent distribution to each in-cabin device, giving each passenger personal control over how individual in-flight entertainment is experienced.
- Compatibility with consumer electronics: The current Ovation Select CMS was designed to be compatible with many consumer electronic devices. Set-top boxes allow passengers to bring their own content on the aircraft and stream it through the CMS's HDMI port.
- Tiered subscription models: HD AVOD offers two subscription models: basic and premium. Basic subscription provides access to 25 classic titles, plus five new films per month, for a total of 85 movies. Premium subscription gives customers access to 110 movies total, and includes 50 classic titles plus five new movies per month.
- Regularly updated content: New movie updates are made on a monthly basis, in which five films are removed and another five new movies are uploaded to the onboard system.