In Netomi’s Customer Service Benchmark Report, they looked at how 3,000 of the world’s largest and most well-known travel and hospitality companies provide email and social support.
They were shocked that globally, only 12% provide support on both channels, 38% companies don’t offer email support and only 46% have Twitter profiles. Perhaps even worse: 70% of emails and 46% of social messages are never responded to. Even if companies respond, customers are left with unanswered questions: 97% of email responses do not provide a meaningful, thorough answer, compared to 72% of responses on Twitter.
Of the biggest brands in the world, the best performers on email are United Airlines (US, 65.58); Marriott International (US, 61.24), Booking.com (US, 58.92), and Intercontinental Hotels Group (US, 57.83). The best customer service on Twitter comes from Lufthansa (Germany, 65.58), Accor Hotels (France, 61.24), Tui (Germany, 58.92), Emirates (Dubai, 57.83), and Network Rail (UK, 56.63).
Here are the travel and hospitality companies that provide the best support in the U.S. Rankings from Support Performance Index which measures overall quality of a response: response time, thoroughness and relevance, empathy and personalization.
Best Overall Support:
- Carnival Cruise Line - 63.37
- Outrigger Hospitality Group - 61.47
- Royal Caribbean Cruises - 60.07
- Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection - 58.72
- Nemacolin Woodlands Resort - 56.50
Best Social Support (Social-SPI)
- Spirit Airlines - 84.5
- Bestwestern - 77.17
- Renaissance Hotels - 75.17
- Tru by Hilton - 70.5
- Carnival Cruise Line 70.5
Best Email Support (Email-SPI)
- Soaring Eagle Waterpark and Hotel - 72.58
- DreamMaker Destinations - 70.58
- Eagle Nest Rv Resort - 70.17
- Shaner Hotels - 69.5
- Stowe Resort Homes - 69.29