Three tips on staying fit while traveling this summer | TravelDailyNews International
  • Travel Daily News Asia
  • Travel Daily News Asia
  • Travel Daily News Greece & Cyprus
New Articles

Featured articles

Three tips on staying fit while traveling this summer

1307
0
SHARES
00

So how do you stay motivated and fit while on the road during the summer.

We’re going on our first vacation this summer in more than two years and we couldn’t be more excited.

Not only is it exciting to emerge after two years of apartment living, but we can finally spread out wings and get back out on the road.

While the airline prices these days are skyrocketing - we’re happy to pay a small price to get back out into the world and start enjoying life again.

But the workout routines we honed while sitting at home with nothing else to do besides work and workout aren’t going to cut it.

So how do you stay motivated and fit while on the road during the summer? Here’s 3 tips that will help you do just that. So you can enjoy your time as your peek back out into the real world without having to sacrifice your fitness or feel guilty the whole time.

Let’s get after it.

Plan your fitness ahead of time
You can’t always know what to expect while traveling, so that’s why it’s important to plan ahead and try to schedule your fitness ahead of time.

Whether it’s blocking off a certain time in your calendar or scouting gyms ahead of your arrival.

Whatever you do - you can plan your workout in advance so you can be sure to make the most of your workout while you’re there.

This also means you have to spend less actual time at the gym - so you can get in, get out and then get on with the rest of your vacation - while eating and drinking whatever it is you feel like it - guilt free!

20 minutes of planning at the beginning of your trip will save hours of time while you’re actually on it.

Eat real food
Speaking of food - we love it.

And part of vacation is having amazing food. Now, you don’t have to restrict yourself and feel like you’re starving all the time, but you can eat healthier by trying one little hack - that’s our favorite to pull out on all of our important trips.

You ready for it?

Here it is:

Eat real food.

That’s it. Nothing crazy, nothing ground breaking. Just focus on eating real food wherever you are in the world and you’ll be good to go. That’s 80% of eating healthy. 

While you can’t always have a dependable meal plan on hand - you can try to stick to a quality diet while on vacation by eating real, whole foods and focusing on avoiding processed junk. If you can do that while traveling - you’re going to get 80% of the way there (and you can splurge on the remaining 20%).

If you need a secret weapon, make sure you bring along your favorite supplement to make sure you don’t lose any ground.

You don’t have to be overly strict with your food while traveling - just follow some structure and you’ll be fine!

Have fun
While you don’t have to always be in the gym with your agro-face on - you can kick back and relax and do things you actually enjoy.

No stress. No shame. Just fun.

In fact - having fun is a part of a healthy lifestyle (just don’t tell the gym bros that). Studies show that smiling is actually good for you!

So make sure to make time for it! Find a local beach to swim in. A park to walk to. A rooftop bar to laugh and share drinks with friends.

Life is stressful and vacation shouldn’t be. Don’t be afraid to have a little fun. Because life with friends and family and having a good time is good for your heart, your health and your longevity.

Kick back, have a drink and relax. After two years of lockdown - you’ve earned it!


Photo by sporlab on Unsplash

6 Days News
Embraer delivers 1700th E-Jet
Viking Polaris delivered
Maureva acquires XLM AERO
The best casinos in Norway