Many of us have been following top travel influencers for inspiration and wanderlust on the most beautiful places to visit or at least include on our bucket list. As summer 2020 has been difficult to plan due to the ongoing pandemic travel restrictions, we have turned to top travel influencers for some ideas on what to visit (or at least dream about) this summer. Here are our top picks for summer 2020 destinations according to the travel influencers:
1. Ticino, Switzerland: our inspiration for Ticino comes from the travel influencer @sennarelax. This small Swiss village is perfectly picturesque and for those who are residing in (or near) Switzerland, it may be a great day trip stop as you are able to see most of the village by foot while keeping your social distance. The unique village is made up of small stone homes surrounded by mountains with a waterfall nearby.
2. Grand Canyon, Arizona: with many Americans looking for a unique summer destination to enjoy in 2020, Arizona’s Grand Canyon has been a perfect place to self-distance while relishing in magical views and incredible hikes just like the influencer @brookeburke. For the kayaking lovers, Grand Canyon offers an incredible experience down the Colorado River and Diamond Creek.
3. Washington State: If you live on the west coast of U.S. and are looking for mesmerizing landscapes and awesome hiking trails, Washington State has been a particularly hot spot for travel influencers to visit this summer. Travel influencer @reneeroaming has been raving about the great beginner friendly hikes in Washington State. According to her blog, the hiking trails are exceptional for their maintained trails and accessible 2x2 vehicles, include basic facilities, and are relatively popular (so you wouldn’t be the only soul there). They are also great for social distancing as you spend most of your time outside enjoying the vast wilderness of Washington state.
4. Sydney, Australia: according to a top travel and fashion influencer, @TashOakley, Sydney Harbor is a great place to visit for beautiful views and great cuisine. Tash has been enjoying Pier One Sydney in an igloo suite with views of the harbor and delicious bites while staying warm during Australia’s winter season. For those who are interested in wandering around the Sydney Harbor by foot or on a bike, Hampers x Pier One offers a picnic basket and cocktails on the go for those who are looking to take extra steps to social distance.
5. Obersee, Germany: Obersee offers mirror like lakes with a perfect backdrop of mountains and lake cottages. It is one of the most picturesque destinations in Germany, and influencers like @vivianereinhardt are visiting this magical destination during summer of 2020. In addition to the natural lake, Obersee also provides great sightseeing within the Berchtesgaden National Park.
We hope our top summer destination list for 2020 according to the influencers gets you to start planning your trips or at least dreaming again. We advise that prior to your trip you always check with the local authorities on the safety of each place as the pandemic situation changes so that you may keep you and your family safe. Happy traveling!