NEEDHAM, MASS. - TripAdvisor announced the winners of its Travelers' Choice awards for Landmarks. Award winners were determined using an algorithm that took into account the quantity and quality of reviews and ratings for landmarks worldwide, gathered over a 12-month period. The awards honor 706 landmarks in 82 countries.
"These iconic sights are cultural and historical touchstones for visitors across the globe," said Barbara Messing, chief marketing officer for TripAdvisor. "Summer is the perfect time for travelers to plan a visit to one of these landmarks. To enhance the experience at many of these signature places, visitors can book tours on TripAdvisor that offer unique perspectives or special VIP access."
Top 10 Landmarks in the World
- Angkor Wat – Siem Reap, Cambodia
- Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque Center – Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Mezquita Cathedral de Cordoba – Cordoba, Spain
- St. Peter's Basilica – Vatican City, Italy
- Taj Mahal – Agra, India
- Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood – St. Petersburg, Russia
- Great Wall at Mutianyu – Beijing, China
- Machu Picchu – Machu Picchu, Peru
- Plaza de Espana – Seville, Spain
- Duomo di Milano – Milan, Italy