ORLANDO, FLA. - A lush, tropical oasis unfolds before you, instantly transporting you to a little-known Pacific isle. In the distance, a colossal volcano rises above a sparkling beach, boasting majestic waterfalls by day and blazing lava by night.
Welcome to Universal's Volcano Bay – a radically-innovative water theme park opening next year at Universal Orlando Resort. Spanning 28 fully immersive acres, Universal Orlando's third theme park will be an entirely new kind of water theme park experience, giving guests even more to enjoy on their vacation.
At Volcano Bay, guests will discover a place like no other, filled with incredible thrills and relaxing indulgences. This one-of-a-kind park will combine exhilarating experiences with hassle-free convenience so families can get the most out of their vacation together. They won't have to stand in long lines or wrestle with tubes before diving into the unique attractions found throughout the park. They can enjoy a variety of experiences, ranging from winding rivers and private, two-story cabanas to family raft rides and twisting body slides that launch guests above the water.
Here's what you need to know about Volcano Bay:
- An Innovative Water Theme Park Experience:
- Volcano Bay will redefine the queue experience so guests can focus entirely on having fun and spending time together. Guests won't even have to carry their own rafts up the slides.
18 Unique Attractions in Four Imaginatively-Themed Areas:
- Volcano Bay will offer 18 unique attractions ranging from daring to serene. They'll be divided across four primary park areas where there's something for everyone, including a multi-directional wave pool with sandy beaches, peaceful winding river, twisting multi-rider raft rides, speeding body slides that drop from the top of the volcano into the waters below – and a state-of-the-art marquee attraction that will be revealed at a later date. Additional details on the park's attractions can be found on the last page.
- An Award-Winning Team of Creators:
- A place like this could only be brought to life by Universal Creative – the same team behind ground-breaking theme park experiences like The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man and Despicable Me Minion Mayhem.
The team researched water parks and tropical resorts around the world to help redefine the water park experience and shape their vision for Volcano Bay.
- Easy-to-Access, Resort-Like Amenities Throughout the Park:
- Each area of the park will offer its own easy-to-access, resort-like amenities, such as concierge locations and lockers, so guests won't have to stroll out of their way to get what they need. There will also be highly-themed restaurants and bars located throughout the park offering signature food and beverage options and impressive volcano views. Even more unique features of the park will be announced later.
- Convenient Location On-Site at Universal Orlando:
- Volcano Bay will be located within Universal Orlando, adjacent to Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort. The water theme park is just a short walk or ride away from Universal Orlando's two additional theme parks – Universal Studios Florida and Universal's Islands of Adventure, on-site hotels and Universal CityWalk.
- International Tickets On Sale Soon:
- Universal Orlando will soon introduce a brand-new, 3-Park Explorer ticket for guests where they can plan to experience the highly-anticipated Volcano Bay for travel dates beginning June 1, 2017. Tickets will soon be available through international web sites and travel professionals, and additional ticket options will be announced later.